IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ACE Security Services

Options

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,250 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JamesBro wrote: »
    Yes, I sent it as per the blue appeal on the sticky thread. I put my name (as I'm the keeper) and my address on the bottom .

Good; you have appealed as keeper.

Now complain to your MP about this unregulated scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • JamesBro
    JamesBro Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you.

To confirm, my local MP or the MP in the area where the ticket was issued?

Any advice of what to put in that letter?
  • Grimble
    Grimble Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Report them to trading standards at your local council in writing.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,250 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 July 2018 at 3:52PM
    Options
    JamesBro wrote: »
    Thank you.

To confirm, my local MP or the MP in the area where the ticket was issued?

Any advice of what to put in that letter?

Both.

These are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

As well as using the word unregulated, point out that since the POFA means a keeper could be held liable, it is an absolute outrage that the scammers are saying they cannot appeal.
    The Keeper has the protection of the Protection of Freedom Act 2012. The Driver has no such protection so the scammers are denying The Keeper their rights under that act of parliament.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 July 2018 at 3:55PM
    Options
    How to report to Trading Standards.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/

Something in writing to the local office will not necessarily be dealt with. For example

https://www.essex.gov.uk/Business-Partners/Trading-Standards/Pages/Contact-Trading-Standards.aspx
  • JamesBro
    Options
    Hi.

I've had a response from my email today, and I feel quite stressed by what they've said.

Could someone please advise for the next step?

Firstly, the email said:

We note that you have requested all communicated to be sent via post, however, as this Charge Notice is to be passed to our solicitors at the end of the month, we felt it right that, as well as post, you also receive our response via email so you have ample time to make payment. Therefore, please find attached a copy of the letter that will also be sent to you via post today.

The letter reads (not word for word):

As the registered keeper, if you chose not to disclose woh the driver of the vehicle was at the time, by transferring liability, you will remain liable for this Charge Notice in accordance with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. All our signage is approved by the IAS and have been found acceptable in multiple court cases, therefore, your claims are entirely incorrect.

As stated on the NTK, all photographs taken of your vehicle are available at https://www.acepay.co.uk.

In regards to your comments about our company and Hansard 2.2.18, there is no mention of our company or the IPC. Please see the quote below:

- Sir Greg Knight

"The Bill provides the framework fo rhte introduction of a fair code. In mydiscussions with the minister, he has indicated that he expects signage to play a part in the code. The code should set out that signage must be adequate and must provide details of how to contact a company to make a complaint or dispute a ticket, as well as details of how to activate an independent appeals process.

Today gives us an opportunity to introduce fair play all round to an industry whose reputation has been besmirched by a few car park cowboys. I hope that the House will agree that it is an opportunity that should be grasped."

As you have not actually appealed this Charge Notice by stating the reasons why the vehicle was parked against the T&Cs for parking, your letter is not classed as an appeal. Our evidence shows a warning sign was in clear view of the vehicle and a permit was not prominently displayed, therefore, the CN was correctly issued.

This CN is due to be passed to our solicitors for recovery on 31.07.18, therefore, to avoid further costs and potential court action you we would politely suggest that a prompt payment is made.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    As you have not actually appealed this Charge Notice by stating the reasons why the vehicle was parked against the T&Cs for parking, your letter is not classed as an appeal.
    LOL, I am surprised such trash has spooked you. They are saying that they can decide which words constitute an appeal. They are ex-clampers and IMHO, not the brightest sparks.

Come back when you get a Gladstones Letter before Claim, or a claim form.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing to stress about

You are progressing as explained in the Newbies FAQ thread and posts to you above

Wait and see if you get a claim
  • JamesBro
    Options
    OK, thanks. Naturally stressful really! But yes, maybe I should have more cynicism when I hear from them.

One more thing, am I wise/unwise to be posting their correspondence on here? Could they seek it out and use it to build their claim?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They could but they are not the smartest, as I said. We see full details of claims every day here and still see a consistent win (and discontinued) rate at court, of 99% successful.

So it's not an issue to use this forum openly, people do and people win.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure