Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    So pleased you had an amazing time and everything went well, swimming with dolphins is something I really want to do and will do next time we go, wasit at Disc0very c0ve?
    You were very brave driving, roads in the US terrify me :eek:.

Hope the jet lag gets better soon, take care xx.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Loved loved loved the holiday pictures.
    So glad that you had a blast :grin: xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad you had such a fantastic time Lucky :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I also loved seeing all the photos :) I enjoy seeing other people's holiday photos on FB.

So pleased you had such a fabulous time.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Glad you weren’t too offended by all the pics :rotfl:.

Penny, yes it was Discovery Cove. Such a beautiful place, well maintained and lots of money they make goes into saving the ocean dolphins etc. DS1 adored snorkelling in the reef, so there was plenty to do whilst waiting for the dolphin swim. All food and drink included too :T.

Yesterday was a NSD :j. We cut the hedges and tidied the front garden. I caught some of the Harry/Meghan wedding later on as highlights :D.

Car is booked in for MOT tomorrow, say prayers for it please!! I think my washing machine is on it’s way out too. It sounds like it will take off at any minute :(. Home and contents renewal has also arrived. Have done some searches but it seems the renewal quote is cheapest. It’s going up £3 per month on last year.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope MOT goes well.
    Boo to washing machine though.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Car needed new rear brake pads and a coil. I’m £162 lighter :(.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr SA always used to say it cost around £150 to get your car through an MOT. So boo to the car and the washing machine :(
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Options
    Suppose MOT could have been worse :(

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    please-let-me-be-lucky Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 January 2019 at 8:45PM
    Options
    This is probably going to be a whingey post - feel free to skip if you like!

I realise post holiday blues will be making everything worse, but I feel really down and to a certain extent, trapped at the moment.

Car took all of our ‘spare’ cash so things are feeling very tight. Not good when half term started yesterday. Washing machine is totally kaput now so we are in desperate need of another one. MiL very kindly offered to buy us one, which although didn’t sit right with me, I realise we can’t go on without one. As if I didn’t feel bad enough though, she joked that she’d end up living in a tent :(. She certainly won’t, but I just feel awful.

DH has been very slow but snappy the last couple of days. It’s really pulling me down and for the umpteenth time I want to run away.

One positive thing, I’ve won a family ticket to an event in August, so at least that’s something in the pot for Summer holidays. Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport