Virgin Money Credit Card

Options
Hi,

Im newish to credit cards and I am looking at applying for a credit card which i found here; (Scroll down a little but more) https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/best-0-credit-cards#sainsburys

Looking here: https://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/assets/pdf/VM23187.pdf

It says you only have a maximum 50 days for 0% on purchases. Does that mean purchases only remains interest free for 50 days and then have to be paid in full? Or are purchases interest free for 28 months from the date of opening the account and along as I pay it off before the 28 months? I will of course make the monthly repayments every month.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It means if you don't pay in full each month, you will be charged interest.

If you have a 0% offer, then you'll be charged interest at 0%.

That means, in practice, if you make minimum payments, you won't be charged any interest until the end of the promo.
  • St_95
    St_95 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I have recently been looking at the same. Their terms state that if you miss a minimum payment or go over your credit limit then they will end the 28 month term early and you will be charged interest from the following statement date.

So as zx81 states, providing the minimum payment is made, you will be charged 0% interest for the promotional 28-month term.

If, after the 28 months, any balance remains then this will have interest charged.
  • Ginalina
    Options
    Unfortunately, interest can be added.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills