Banned from facebook

Options

Comments

• Fightsback
    Fightsback Posts: 2,504 Forumite
    Options
    Using the same password for more than one different service ?

You may have had another account or service hacked and like millions of others on the planet they think the same password for all accounts and services is good for convenience and security.
    Science isn't exact, it's only confidence within limits.
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    To be a bit more helpful that other replies, it is good to see you've already changed your password.

Next step will be to review and delete Facebook apps you may have given permission to access the profile (go to settings, then apps).

Check the settings on this page too: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=timeline

This advice :beer:

In fact if like me you just want to keep in touch with people, go into settings - apps - and turn off 'platform support' completely. Then in the next section 'apps others use' untick everything. You don't need any of it.

I don't believe people's accounts are 'hacked' in 99.9% of cases, its these stupid apps, surveys and other nonsense people click on. They are designed to look innocent for a while then turn bad. They are not on your computer or device as such, they are 'using' your account because by allowing the app you gave a third party access to your account in effect.

Current pet hate is the one that keeps auto-posting '3 years ago memories' Its not the account holder doing it so it doesn't mean anything, its jsut a random script!
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • Oblivion
    Oblivion Posts: 20,248 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Reading stuff like this makes me so glad I never signed up for Farcebook and never will. I often wonder how much time people waste on this rubbish when they could be getting a real life. ;)
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • Jivesinger
    Jivesinger Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    I will definitely go into all the settings on Facebook (it's in Secrurity/where you're logged in) and review all and click 'end activity' for everything. You will have to log back in all devices you use. You can also get sent email alerts when a new login on a new device is registered.
    Direct link on a computer to the current logged in sessions is here:
    https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security&section=sessions

Also disable apps from the FB account as mentioned.
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd agree with the recommendations above to check what apps have access to your account, it's also worth setting up login alerts anyway as it's useful to make sure someone isn't logging into your account.

Be careful if friends post a vague or clickbait link that's a shortened one (something like http://goo.gl/) as that's often how these Facebook hijacks start or as someone else mentioned, fake vouchers such as 80% off Lidl or a free £100 voucher.

John
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Jivesinger wrote: »
    Direct link on a computer to the current logged in sessions is here:
    https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security&section=sessions

Also disable apps from the FB account as mentioned.
    Thanks for this link, I've just closed about a dozen old sessions on my account! I think they related to old phones, tablets etc.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • imho
    imho Posts: 2,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your daughter is using the laptop he was usually logged into FB all day. So did he uninstall his FB account on that laptop?
    I would scan every device FB is on with Malwarebytes
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    also turn on "Login Approvals" & "Code generator"

This will then either ask for a code from the facebook mobile app to log in with.
    Or send out a code via SMS
    every time someone tries to log in.
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Just get rid of Facebook!
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    About as helpful as suggesting that someone with Windows problems should install Linux...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure