Banned from facebook

Options
My husband last week was banned from Facebook for 24hrs for posting !!!!!!, he hadn't , but we think his account was hacked and so he changed his password.

It's happened again this morning, when he's logged on, a picture that's been posted overnight while he's been in bed, so they've now banned him for 3 days.

Anyone got any ideas how we can stop this repeatedly happening?, I had presumed a simple password change would have sufficed
Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0

Comments

• Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd consider it a blessing. I left FB a year ago. Best thing ever. As for 'keeping in touch with far flung relatives' well we are an Apple family so I text or facetime family in Eire, NZ, USA.

But if you are hell bent on staying you need to raise with mods. They will probably need you to scan and send a copy of a passport/ driving license etc.

As for the hack? well it did not 'just happen'. Maybe you need to be looking at what is in the downloads folder? or ask why your OH keeps using 'in privacy' browsing! Or maybe he just clicked on an email he should not have.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    a picture that's been posted overnight while he's been in bed, so they've now banned him for 3 days.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3743289/Zzz-mail-What-happens-when-sleepwalkers-go-online.html
  • tafelmoneysaver
    tafelmoneysaver Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 October 2016 at 10:01AM
    Options
    To be a bit more helpful that other replies, it is good to see you've already changed your password.

Next step will be to review and delete Facebook apps you may have given permission to access the profile (go to settings, then apps).

Check the settings on this page too: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=timeline
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    tell him to stop clicking links in facebook, normally promising free vouchers or something
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I will definitely go into all the settings on Facebook (it's in Secrurity/where you're logged in) and review all and click 'end activity' for everything. You will have to log back in all devices you use. You can also get sent email alerts when a new login on a new device is registered.

If none of that works it could be spyware on your computer or someone is being less than truthful!
  • milliemonster
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, he doesn't sleepwalk, and we've been together over 20 years and have no secrets so....

He doesn't even access fb through a computer just on his phone so not sure what's going on but will get to him try what you've suggested when he's home from work
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    Even though he only accesses the service through his phone, does he have a tablet, laptop or PC which has a facebook app on it even if he no longer uses it?
    If so, it's possible that it has a stored password or is permanently logged on and there is a security problem with that device.
  • milliemonster
    Options
    We do have a laptop and I believe he is permanently logged in to facebook through that, he doesn't use a tablet and isn't using the laptop much at the moment as our daughter is using it for college (she has her own windows log in) so I'll tell him to check that too
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,681 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options

"Come tomorrow and sort this hell hole out. Dinner and drinks, 4.pm,. Bring wine and caviar only."

Heh, priceless
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    It might be worth trying the following OP:

Log into Facebook and click the Padlock at the right hand side (via a web browser).

Choose Settings from the drop down menu and click on Security.

At the very top you'll see log in alerts. Choose that option and you'll get an email from Facebook as/when someone uses a device/computer that hasn't been used for Facebook access before.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure