Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • enesoz
    • By enesoz 13th Jun 19, 4:31 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    enesoz
    Parking Eye - Advice on appealing to POPLA
    • 13th Jun 19, 4:31 PM
    Parking Eye - Advice on appealing to POPLA 13th Jun 19 at 4:31 PM
    Hi there

On the day I was taking my sister to her orthodontist appointment and proceeded to park at the Xchange complex in Watford, the exact road is Wilmington Close. I had no idea the area was regulated by Parking Eye and completely missed the signage. The ANPR cameras clocked me staying 34 minutes, and the allowed waiting time is 15 minutes. The one size fits all initial appeal was submitted online to Parking Eye with some adjustments. I added evidence of attending the orthodontist appointment, but the appeal was rejected.

I now need some advice drafting my appeal to POPLA. What are my grounds for appeal? The signage is very easily missed and hardly noticeable, especially while turning into the road. I would upload some images of the area but the system is not allowing me to because of new user spamming rules.

Thanks
Page 1
    • enesoz
    • By enesoz 13th Jun 19, 4:46 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    enesoz
    • 13th Jun 19, 4:46 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 4:46 PM
    This is a new appeal unrelated to the last one.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Jun 19, 5:10 PM
    • 25,390 Posts
    • 32,628 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:10 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:10 PM
    that same NEWBIES thread has advice on popla appeal points in post #3 (same as when you read it 12 months ago) , of which SIGNAGE is one obvious legal point

so look at including

SIGNAGE
    BPA CoP failures
    POFA 2012 failures
    NO LANDOWNER CONTRACT

etc
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jun 19, 5:21 PM
    • 25,659 Posts
    • 41,642 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:21 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:21 PM
    This is a new appeal unrelated to the last one.
    Originally posted by enesoz
    OK. You didn't update us on the outcome of the last one, despite being provided with forum advice by volunteers giving of their own time.

Please be courteous enough to update this one when all the shouting's over. Receiving feedback on our efforts is one of the major reasons we come back here day after day to help people with their problems.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,687Posts Today

8,589Users online

Martin's Twitter