IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Advice on appealing to POPLA

Options
Hi there

On the day I was taking my sister to her orthodontist appointment and proceeded to park at the Xchange complex in Watford, the exact road is Wilmington Close. I had no idea the area was regulated by Parking Eye and completely missed the signage. The ANPR cameras clocked me staying 34 minutes, and the allowed waiting time is 15 minutes. The one size fits all initial appeal was submitted online to Parking Eye with some adjustments. I added evidence of attending the orthodontist appointment, but the appeal was rejected.

I now need some advice drafting my appeal to POPLA. What are my grounds for appeal? The signage is very easily missed and hardly noticeable, especially while turning into the road. I would upload some images of the area but the system is not allowing me to because of new user spamming rules.

Thanks

Comments

• enesoz
    enesoz Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    This is a new appeal unrelated to the last one.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    that same NEWBIES thread has advice on popla appeal points in post #3 (same as when you read it 12 months ago) , of which SIGNAGE is one obvious legal point

so look at including

SIGNAGE
    BPA CoP failures
    POFA 2012 failures
    NO LANDOWNER CONTRACT

etc
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    enesoz wrote: »
    This is a new appeal unrelated to the last one.

OK. You didn't update us on the outcome of the last one, despite being provided with forum advice by volunteers giving of their own time.

Please be courteous enough to update this one when all the shouting's over. Receiving feedback on our efforts is one of the major reasons we come back here day after day to help people with their problems.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport