site for family ideas

Options
hi,

just heard about this website

http://www.netmums.com/

it has local, area by area, listings.. you may find out about something new in your area ;)

cs

Comments

• plumpmouse
    plumpmouse Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    Hi CS

Just had a look at this. It is still in process of being developed. So doesn't have too much info for my area at the mo. Will Keep looking though

Thanks
    Give me the boy until he's seven and i'll give you the man.
  • celticsprite
    Options
    Hi CS

Just had a look at this. It is still in process of being developed. So doesn't have too much info for my area at the mo. Will Keep looking though

Thanks

hi plumpmouse,

I've had a look at east anglia, yorkshire and glasgow & they all seemed pretty good.

did you check the column on the left hand side? it's got clubs, groups, play etc? there is also a huge list on the first page of all the areas covered, but I think you have to have a good root around to get to know everything in your area;). they've even got a notice board for new mums and people who've recently moved into the area. should make it a lot less stressful for mums in general :)

sorry if it's not got anything much in your area, hopefully it will have soon. also hope that someone will find it useful in the meantime. ;) (i only spotted the web addy on a notice board in our coffee shop!)

cs
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks celticsprite, will have a look.
  • Lemoncurd
    Lemoncurd Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can't recommend Netmums enough, although the coverage for some areas is much better than others.
    To some extent Netmums relies on member feedback so if you see something useful in your area send it in, the rest of it is legwork from the individual site editors (each area site is run by a parent volunteering their time to research, market and run the site).
    The London sites tend to have plenty of information. The What's On pages often list free activities and there are often special offers on the noticeboard.
  • plumpmouse
    plumpmouse Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    Hi CS

Sorry if I sounded ungrateful that wasn't my intention at all. Does look like it will be a good site but just wasn't too much in my area at the moment.

Thanks for posting it
    Give me the boy until he's seven and i'll give you the man.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    is a good site, not much in my area, but willl keep looking at it, see if more come on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure