PPI from Sainsbury

Options
:(Hi, I'd like some advice please if possible, I have been trying to reclaim PPI from Sainsbury's for a credit card. I sent off a letter through resolve and was contacted about a week later asking for more information. I sent a copy of my bank statement and an old statement from the credit card which by the way was paid off some years ago and not used since. It clearly stated on my credit card statement that I was paying credit care insurance that I felt pressured into at the time. However Bank of Scotland have sent a letter back stating I didn't have PPI on that account, leading me to believe Credit care insurance is not classed as PPI. Any advice gratefully received

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ring them up and ask what it is, google results seem to imply credit care insurance was PPI. Was the amount on the card statement a variable amount every month or a single fixed sum?

When did you open the card out of interest. If it was in the last 14 years or so, chances are it wasn't PPI as it was being discontinued (except for MPPI)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 January 2019 at 1:15PM
    Options
    Ashers66 wrote: »
    It clearly stated on my credit card statement that I was paying credit care insurance . However Bank of Scotland have sent a letter back stating I didn't have PPI on that account, leading me to believe Credit care insurance is not classed as PPI.
    Sounds like it may have been insurance in case your card was lost or stolen?

Are you sure it states Credit Care Insurance? How much was paid each month? PPI would have been a proportion of the overall balance on the card, so if the amount didn't fluctuate it's unlikely to be PPI.

Only the Bank can tell you for sure.

EDIT:
    Please don't spam the forum with duplicate posts..
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Duplicate thread answered here first...
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5950774
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Ashers66
    Options
    It says credit care insurance and it was 69p for every £100 spent which it says on my statement. The account was paid off and closed in 2003 so more than 14 years ago.
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    Ashers66 wrote: »
    It says credit care insurance and it was 69p for every £100 spent which it says on my statement. The account was paid off and closed in 2003 so more than 14 years ago.

That's PPI then, it may be that the front line staff haven't heard of it or they don't have records. Ask them again
  • Ashers66
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I think the only option now is to go to the ombudsman as BOS have said they've closed the case, they had a copy of my statement highlighting the credit care insurance so I don't really understand how they can say I didn't have it. Apologies for posting previous thread twice, I didn't realise I had :o
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Have you received a final response from BOS informing you of your rights to refer your complaint to FOS - if not you will need them to issue this before FOS can consider
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    Bermonia wrote: »
    Have you received a final response from BOS informing you of your rights to refer your complaint to FOS - if not you will need them to issue this before FOS can consider

If it's been 8 weeks since the complaint started they can go to the FOS regardless
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bermonia wrote: »
    Have you received a final response from BOS informing you of your rights to refer your complaint to FOS
    No, they can already go to FOS as long as eight weeks have elapsed. BOS "closing" the case is a pretty "full and final" response anyhow...

However, the OP may prefer instead to approach the Bank to re-open the case on the basis that his or her complaint has clearly not been properly considered. Such a move may well be far more quickly resolved than by referring to the Ombudsman..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure