Nuaire Drimaster Eco Heat with HC

Options
Hi all, looking for advice on a recent quote given for a Nuaire Drimaster Eco Heat with HC supplied & fitted ...

£795.00 is what we have been quoted.

I have been comparing the prices of these units from numerous sources and the cheapest I’ve found it is £328.82 inc p&p. The guy who gave us the quote advised that this will only take 2 hours to install if that. If that’s the case then he will be earning £466.18 for hours work :eek: but probably more because no doubt he’ll purchase the Drimaster at trade price.

What’s everyone else been quoted for the supply & fitting please?

TIA :beer:

Comments

• mazziee
    Options
    I bought mine direct from Nuaire and just found an electrician to fit for £160. Any competent electrician should be able to fit as all it needs is a plug socket putting in and a hole made into a ceiling (there's a vid on Youtube).
  • teamwork
    Options
    I'm wondering if someone can help with the issue in the instructions that I have pasted below:

"5.0 DIFFUSER INSTALLATION
    5.1 Siting the Diffuser Position
    The diffuser has a unique air throw pattern and it is essential that it is
    located correctly in the central hallway in single storey properties or in
    the ceiling of the top floor landing on 2 or more storey dwellings.
    The diffuser discharges air evenly in all directions along the underside of
    the ceiling.

Speed Setting Minimum distance of diffuser from wall
    1 100mm
    2 155mm
    3 400mm
    4 625mm
    5 850mm
    6 1000mm"

I did not see these rules before my electrician installed the unit. However, he installed it with 200mm clearance to the walls in 2 directions, and over 1000mm clearance to the walls in 2 other directions. He then used the enclosed "air dams" to block off the 2 sides that had only 200mm clearance. My questions are:

1) Can I run my fan at speed 6 based upon the fact that the 2 sides from which the air flows have more than 1000mm clearance to the walls?

2) If not, what is the maximum speed setting that I can use on such a diffuser?

3) Is it advisable to leave the 2 sides with 200mm clearance blocked up or should all 4 sides be unblocked?
  • teamwork
    Options
    Lynmacca69 wrote: »
    Hi all, looking for advice on a recent quote given for a Nuaire Drimaster Eco Heat with HC supplied & fitted ...

£795.00 is what we have been quoted.

I have been comparing the prices of these units from numerous sources and the cheapest I’ve found it is £328.82 inc p&p. The guy who gave us the quote advised that this will only take 2 hours to install if that. If that’s the case then he will be earning £466.18 for hours work :eek: but probably more because no doubt he’ll purchase the Drimaster at trade price.

What’s everyone else been quoted for the supply & fitting please?

TIA :beer:
    I negotiated over the phone with the retailer called "i-sells", as they are cheaper than buying from Nuaire anyway. They sold me 2 units for £660 (so £330 each), the 4 way switches for £38 each (which now I have installed them I realise aren't much use) and gave me 2 Hygrometers for free.

My electrician (I'm in North West London) charged me £240 to install it as there was an electric point in the loft already, but where there was no wiring and electrics in the loft he charged £340. If you want to call him: 07539462290 - Stuart Ryall - I-lec Electrical Solutions.

I also called all the professional damp proofing companies and some quotes were extortionate (Rentokil quoted £2500), but a reasonable quote from a company in the business was Lifecote Group based in Clerkenwell in London - supply and fit with them I was quoted about £1000. Gordon Winchester is the guy to speak to : 07812 982812
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure