Egg loan PPI reclaimed

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but wanetd to say I contacted egg and they have refunded me approximately £1200 which has made my day.

Initially I used a template form this site and quoted that egg had been fined for credit card PPi and that I believed the same applied to them mis-selling me PPI on my loan.

Letter came through and account has now been amended! :T

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Clark80 wrote: »
    Apologies if this is in the wrong place but wanetd to say I contacted egg and they have refunded me approximately £1200 which has made my day.

Initially I used a template form this site and quoted that egg had been fined for credit card PPi and that I believed the same applied to them mis-selling me PPI on my loan.

Letter came through and account has now been amended! :T

Wow, well done and Congratulations on your success, this is great news, good for you and great work.:T :beer: :T

Di
    X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Clark80
    Clark80 Posts: 161 Forumite
    Thanking you :-)
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Clark80 wrote: »
    Thanking you :-)

With pleasure.:A

There is a Success thread more or less at the top of the threads, if you would like to post your success on there as well.;)

Again well done to you.:beer: :T :beer:

Di
    X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • poddle911
    poddle911 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi Clark, that's great news! I have just sent my first letter saying that the PPI was missold on my Egg loan, so fingers crossed! What happened with your claim? Ta!
    LBM Sep 2008 debt: £27,927.04
    start weight: 140.2, week 2: 138
  • Clark80
    Clark80 Posts: 161 Forumite
    poddle911 wrote: »
    Hi Clark, that's great news! I have just sent my first letter saying that the PPI was missold on my Egg loan, so fingers crossed! What happened with your claim? Ta!

Hi i wrote the first letter by using a template from here but emailed it to them via online secure messaging. They asked me to contact the relations team in writing so I then wrote a letter in my own words and attached the emails.

Within a month they have refunded me approx £1200. I even read an article somewhere (sorry cant find it now) that says most companies will reject the first letter regardless in the hope that the consumer gives up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure