Options
2»

Comments

• Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OP,

have I read this correctly? - you took out a £10k personal loan at 14% in January this year (of course they wont drop it, you have only just taken it out!).....then just a few months later you need an additional £15,000k

So that's £25k of borrowing. Lets say £4k max for a new boiler and £3.5k for the credit cards....what was the other £17.5k for?

I think the OP wants to consolidate the RBS loan and credit card plus borrow a bit extra to replace the boiler. Not that I would recommend that course of action either.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pixie5740 wrote: »
    I think the OP wants to consolidate the RBS loan and credit card plus borrow a bit extra to replace the boiler. Not that I would recommend that course of action either.

Yes that's how I read it.
  • floridafoofoo
    Options
    thanks but i've decided to stay away from ocean finance now also decided to save up rather than getting more debt and increasing my work hours snowballing debts
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,626 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think that is a really wise decision. Plenty of people on here can offer advice on that - maybe post a SOA in the Debt Free Wannabe section
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    thanks but i've decided to stay away from ocean finance now also decided to save up rather than getting more debt and increasing my work hours snowballing debts

Thank F for that !
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

That's a wise choice, you will benefit from it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure