Egg - Worth A Shot?

Options
Hello all just a quick question,

I took out an Egg loan roughly 3 years ago over the phone and I believe I was mis-sold PPI. I was led to believe that in the event of an accident or my death, the loan would be paid off with no problems. However I have since found out that if this were the case payments would only be made for 12 months, leaving the remainder of the loan (I assume) to be repaid by my family.
In my eyes this makes the PPI rather redundant and if I had been aware of this at the time, I wouldn't have taken it out.
My question is simply this: Do you think I have a valid case to reclaim, or will they tell me to do one.

Any help you could give would be much appreciated. And I apologise if my post is incoherent - I'm a bit of a forum virgin :eek:

Many Thanks
Psikon

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Psikon wrote: »
    Hello all just a quick question,

I took out an Egg loan roughly 3 years ago over the phone and I believe I was mis-sold PPI. I was led to believe that in the event of an accident or my death, the loan would be paid off with no problems. However I have since found out that if this were the case payments would only be made for 12 months, leaving the remainder of the loan (I assume) to be repaid by my family.
    In my eyes this makes the PPI rather redundant and if I had been aware of this at the time, I wouldn't have taken it out.
    My question is simply this: Do you think I have a valid case to reclaim, or will they tell me to do one.

Any help you could give would be much appreciated. And I apologise if my post is incoherent - I'm a bit of a forum virgin :eek:

Many Thanks
    Psikon

Hi there

If you believe you have a case then yes go for it.

Most insurances pay out for 12 months in a row, then say for instance this was paid for unemployment, you would have to return to work and work a min of 6 months before they pay it out again, but every policy will vary from one to another, but despite that check this link out below for further information in case any of it occurs to you anyway:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

If any of that occurs to you in the info mis selling list, there are template letters to help you through this, they have 8 weeks to respond in full.

Another letter maybe required if unsuccessful first time round, keep at them until you receive the final response.

In the final letter they generally let you know how you can take this further, such as with the Financial ombudsman service, with details/leaflet.

Post all letters by recorded delivery, keep us posted and if any further help is required, let us know.

Do you still have the agreement of this policy?

If not write to them in another letter to request a copy of your agreement, enclose a £1 postal order or cheque payment to cover the cost of this, and they should send you this by 12 days of request.

Good luck.;)

Di
    X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Psikon
    Options
    Thanks very much for the advice, it is much appreciated!

Another quick question if I may.
    What are the ramifications of pursuing a claim, will I have to go to court, lose credit rating etc. or suffer any other negative impact?

Thanks once again for your help.

Psikon
  • Clark80
    Clark80 Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    You could be very happy if they agree and pay out or very sad if they reject your claim. No other ramifications. Thanks
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Psikon wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the advice, it is much appreciated!

Another quick question if I may.
    What are the ramifications of pursuing a claim, will I have to go to court, lose credit rating etc. or suffer any other negative impact?

Thanks once again for your help.

Psikon

Hi there hun

Do not worry and no, no court, and credit rating wise it does not make any difference, so you should have nothing to worry about.;)

Good luck

Di
    X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business