Used Resolver - success

Options
Evening - about three weeks ago I did a speculative inquiry via Resolver about PPI paid to Lloyds Bank.

I only had a vague recollection of paying PPI on a loan I took out more years than I can remember, but wasn't convinced about it.

Today I've received a letter from Lloyds agreeing to make a payment of over £1K to me in relation to the loan.

Easy peasy! No claims company, no fees paid, just one online form to complete via this site.

Thanks MSE :beer:

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,054 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    And, the refund is now in my bank account. Great service Lloyds!

My interest payment is more than than the refund.
  • Katkins1982
    Katkins1982 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Currently going through Lloyds to get mine back too.

Did they send you a form to send back? Or was it just resolver and the letter? No phone call?

I'm not holding out much hope for mine, considering it would have been about 2001/2 when my credit card was taken out. How long ago was your loan?

Thanks and well done!
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,054 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 21 June 2018 at 5:51PM
    Options
    Currently going through Lloyds to get mine back too.

Did they send you a form to send back? Or was it just resolver and the letter? No phone call?

I'm not holding out much hope for mine, considering it would have been about 2001/2 when my credit card was taken out. How long ago was your loan?

Thanks and well done!

I filled in the form online and submitted it. Lloyds sent me a text a couple of days later saying they would respond within eight weeks. And they did. The offer letter didn't need a reply, money in the account within three days.

I really can't recall how long ago my loan was, probably before your date. All I know is that it was after 1992 and not after 2002. I wasn't even sure that PPI was applied as I was working in local government so didn't need it. As it turns out I did pay it.

Good luck in your application.

I hope you get a good result.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family