Halifax reward account

Options
Hello,

Years back I used to have 3 x halifax rewards accounts and collect the £5 each month.

I believe there was a change a few years back and that stopped so now I only get £3 on one of them per month. Possibly because you had to have 2 direct debits from each rather than just paying into them all which I used to do on a straight in/straight out basis.

Is there a maximum number of reward accounts ( as I said I have 3 ) that I can claim the £3 on each if I do a bit of direct debit juggling?

Isnt much but would be worth an extra £72 to me a year if so.

Cheers.

Comments

• Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 5 January 2018 at 9:39AM
    Options
    The change from three to one was only applied to new account openings, so you can make use of three if you already have them and have 6 DD's to share between them.
  • consumers_revenge
    Options
    cool.....best get that £72 in then.

Thank you.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You must have had those accounts for simple ages- I was only allowed 2 accounts and I think I opened them 8? years ago.

One has recently been sent on its way to Yorks Bank!! hopefully to pass 'Go' and collect £250- rather more than the £3 per month......
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • consumers_revenge
    Options
    to be fair they were only ever setup to collect the then fivers and I didn't have enough DD's at that point so have been left for several years...

time to sort them out! ( didn't think about using those as ' move accounts ' - good idea :-)
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    One has recently been sent on its way to Yorks Bank!! hopefully to pass 'Go' and collect £250- rather more than the £3 per month......
    Setting up a sacrificial/donor c.a. for switches would be more MSE - keep the £3 pm AND get the £250....
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Setting up a sacrificial/donor c.a. for switches would be more MSE - keep the £3 pm AND get the £250....

No, I needed it in a hurry before the deal was pulled. If it had been £5 per month as previously I would have thought twice. There is a limit as to how many a/cs I really need !and I have used donor a/cs in the past. I calculated it would take a very long time @ £3 pm to reach £250.

Nowhere else to go now........unless Barclays or NatWest decide to wave a golden welcome, and I shan't be holding my breath over that.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • deadendwaterfall
    Options
    Funny I found this thread, as I was just considering earlier switching my ordinary Halifax current account to a reward one. (Not Ultimate Reward, just Reward. It's the one my brother has).
    :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport