DRo submitted to insolvency today but I have a big concern!!

Options
Hi all,
I’m feeling very worried tonight. I have been doing my DRO through atepchange and today they submitted my application to the insolvency agency. My concern is over my credit report. I have a debt showing on there that I paid off over three years ago. I advised sc about this and they removed it from my list of creditors. Also, I have two debts on my credit report that are both for welsh water... these two have been added together and passed to a debt collection agency. Sc deleted the two amounts off my list of creditors and left the debt collectors one. My worry is that the insolvency agency won’t be aware of this, see those on my credit report, add it together and decline me as it would make me exceed the £20,000 limit.
Is there any way sc have accounted for this in their paperwork so that the insolvency agency can understand it? I’m very worried!!
I’d really appreciate some advice please!

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,

Relax...

Once a DRO application is submitted, it’s more or less a done deal, if there was a problem which could lead to a refusal, stepchange would not of submitted it.

The insolvency service works mostly with the information given to them, 99.9% of DRO’s are accepted.

They only get turned down if there is a clear breach of the rules, like trying to get a second one within six years, or deliberately omitting a debt to get under 20k.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Ideally, mistakes like the debt still showing that you paid off 3 years ago, should be corrected before the DRO.

But stepchange should have added a note to explain that.

If the insolvency service have concerns they should ask your intermediary to explain.

I think you're still saying that the debts showing on the report, although that is not accurate, total below 20k, so I suspect it will just be approved without anyone really looking at it.
  • Freebird1
    Options
    Thank you for your replies! I might sleep tonight now...I’m such a worrier!
  • Craig1981
    Options
    if using a reputable organisation like Stepchange, CAB, Payplan etc, they will not submit a DRO if they for any reason feel it will be rejected or questioned
  • aimzee84
    Options
    Hi @Freebird1, can I just ask when you first submitted your forms to Stepchange? How long did it take to get to this stage?
  • Freebird1
    Options
    Well, it was submitted at 11.30am last Wednesday but I’m not on the website yet. What time of day is the website updated?

It has been 3 weeks in total from start to finish, step change have been wonderful.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Freebird1 wrote: »
    Well, it was submitted at 11.30am last Wednesday but I’m not on the website yet. What time of day is the website updated?

It has been 3 weeks in total from start to finish, step change have been wonderful.

Are you saying that the intermediary submitted the application on Wed 5th Sept, or Wed 12th?

If the former, there's a problem and you should ask your intermediary if they've heard anything.

If the latter, I would expect you to be on the register on Mon 17th.

If you're just saying when you sent your forms back then the timescale could be anything
  • Freebird1
    Options
    Are you saying that the intermediary submitted the application on Wed 5th Sept, or Wed 12th?

If the former, there's a problem and you should ask your intermediary if they've heard anything.

If the latter, I would expect you to be on the register on Mon 17th.

If you're just saying when you sent your forms back then the timescale could be anything

Thank you for your reply.
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. Step Change submitted it to insolvency on Wed 12th at 11.30 am. Fingers crossed for Monday then!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure