Peer-to-peer lending sites: MSE guide discussion

Options

Comments

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ash_Pole wrote: »
    I see Funding Circle is IPOing next week. Any opinions? I like the platform as a P2P investor, but I don't like the look of the IPO. I'd like to see them turn a profit first.
    I'm almost the direct opposite. I've long since left them, as a P2P investor, but I'm quite tempted by the IPO (well, the concept, I've not looked at the detail), because I think they'll do well. Just not by lending my money...
  • shoi
    shoi Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Assetz. One of the founders and the MD for some years Andrew Holgate is no longer with the company. I wonder why
  • Nardge
    Nardge Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    shoi wrote: »
    Assetz. One of the founders and the MD for some years Andrew Holgate is no longer with the company. I wonder why

I'm on the brink of investing with Assetz…
    If there's something shady developing now, I hope we'll get to know things in their fullness sooner rather than later...
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    shoi wrote: »
    Where are you getting that from?

He's still shown as a director at CoHo, although that can lag slightly.
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08007191/officers
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    He's been removed from their About Us page, though. https://www.assetzcapital.co.uk/about-us/

Old version
  • takesyourchances
    Options
    Having a brain freeze, if I have withdrawn from my IFISA ISA deposited funds this tax year, does that bring my allowance back up of my overall ISA's.

Say I took out £2000 from my IFISA I deposited this tax to my bank account, would that £2000 return to my overall ISA allowance and and could it be added to my S&S ISA?

ISA space is getting lower adding to my S&S ISA so trying to work this out. Thanks.
  • Nardge
    Options
    Having a brain freeze, if I have withdrawn from my IFISA ISA deposited funds this tax year, does that bring my allowance back up of my overall ISA's.

Say I took out £2000 from my IFISA I deposited this tax to my bank account, would that £2000 return to my overall ISA allowance and and could it be added to my S&S ISA?

ISA space is getting lower adding to my S&S ISA so trying to work this out. Thanks.

Provided it is removed from this year's allowance (2018/2019), my understanding is that you can add it to any of the other ISAs (Cash, Help to Buy, Lifetime, S&S). What matters is that the overall total across your 2018/19 ISAs does not breach £20,000...

With Kind Regards
  • takesyourchances
    Options
    Nardge wrote: »
    Provided it is removed from this year's allowance (2018/2019), my understanding is that you can add it to any of the other ISAs (Cash, Help to Buy, Lifetime, S&S). What matters is that the overall total across your 2018/19 ISAs does not breach £20,000...

With Kind Regards

Thanks very much, yes it is from this years 2018/19, I have withdrawn it from the IFISA so wanted to double check about adding it to my S&S ISA.

Thanks again as looking what else I can add per month until the new tax year with what allowance I have left and won't go over the 20K.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I doubt you can add it directly to your S&S ISA.

If it works the same as a flexible cash ISA you'd have to repay it to the IFISA account you withdrew it from, and then get the S&S ISA provider to transfer it from that account.
  • Nardge
    edited 25 September 2018 at 12:12AM
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    I doubt you can add it directly to your S&S ISA.

If it works the same as a flexible cash ISA you'd have to repay it to the IFISA account you withdrew it from, and then get the S&S ISA provider to transfer it from that account.

Yes, that’d be the other prerequisite: the transfers you make between ISAs would have to be made via the standard ISA Transfer Forms, from your IFISA to your other ISAs. I think all IFISAs are flexible so I don’t think it should be an issue adding the £2000 back to your IFISA, in order to transfer it over to your S&S ISA. Apologies for the oversight and not mentioning that...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback