IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Mayflower terminal short stay

Options
2»

Comments

• DEKS36
    DEKS36 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    had my appeal turned down by PE no surprise there.

before I submit my appeal to popla does this sound acceptable

The land is not 'relevant land' for the purposes of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 ("POFA") T, by virtue of paragraph 3(1)(c) of Schedule 4 of POFA, the Operator has no right to recover under POFA. There are previous cases where Popla have decided on this and agreed there is no right to recover from the registered keeper.Therefore there is no keeper liability. the signs as unclear/ not enough of them/acres of small text/ mounted so high you can't read without a telescope - fail to meet the requirements of the BPA Code of Practice Para 18.3 Require that they produce photos of the signs as visible under the lighting conditions at the time Signs do not state that ANPR is used to calculate the period of parking and that it includes the time before finding a parking space and leaving afterward. Even if a contract existed, this is a unilateral and retrospective variation of its terms. I require proof that their contract grants them the authority to pursue charges to court in accordance with the BPA Code of Practice Para 7.2 A witness statement must be signed by the landowner in accordance with the BPA Code of Practice 22.16b. There is no evidence to show the vehicle was parked for the time claimed to be in the car park. The date of event is recorded as 28/5/18 the date the letter to me as the registered keeper was issued 7/7/18 and in it Parking eye claim to have originally written to the registered keeper who informed them I was liable.. FACT I am the registered keeper of this vehicle and have been since 27/6/16 though I was not the driver on the date in question. so their statement is a Lie and they have made no attempt to address the registered keeper before 7/7/18. So apart from the POFA 2012 RULING and the recent case where a judge upheld that
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    DEKS36 wrote: »
    sorry I don't understand the question

do YOU have the V5 , is the v5 in YOUR name

why are PE saying that they got different details from DVLA ?
  • DEKS36
    Options
    do YOU have the V5 , is the v5 in YOUR name

why are PE saying that they got different details from DVLA ?

yes I have V5 in my name and have had since June 2016.
    I assume they claim to have got different details and was told i was responsible by the registered keeper because they are 1 late with issue 2 stupid and 3 haven't actually bothered to look or find out facts
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That appeal is a jumbled mess. You have a golden ticket. You just need to lead on the fact that you are the registered keeper but not the driver & that you cannot be held liable for the parking charge as PE have not complied with POFA 2012 as the NTK was way out of time. Any other details will just confuse the dim POPLA adjudicator.
  • DEKS36
    Options
    thanks, admit it was jumbled mess. not good with compiling such letters just copied what I could find around the internet.. probably now to my detriment
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure