Credit search agencies can’t find me....

Options
I’ve been overseas for many years and of the electrical roll for those years. I re-registered on the electrical roll just over a year ago so I should have some history. I’m however registered at my parents house and I live in a HMO (share house of many occupants).

Before I call Experian etc what address should I use and is there any other information I need to know?

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You should re-register yourself on the Electoral Register at your current home address (the HMO). The HMO address should also be the address you use for any bank accounts, credit cards or other financial products. You need to be consistent. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 20 March 2019 at 9:39PM
    Options
    Whilst agreeing with the above in principal, if you want to be found by Experian you will need to use the address where you are currently registered on the ER and where your credit accounts/bank accounts (if any) are registered.
    There is nothing wrong, as such, in using your parents address provided that you can be contacted there and are consistent in using this address for all purposes.
  • Housebuy12345
    Options
    So it’s best if I just changed everything to my parents?
  • breaking_free
    Options
    I’ve been overseas for many years and of the electrical roll for those years. I re-registered on the electrical roll...

Must be quite shocking to find yourself off the electrical roll...

You might find the electoral roll to be more useful.
    "The problem with Internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure