PRA Group - Credit File

Options
Hi there,

I’m currently on a DMP with StepChange and have been since 2011. PRA Group purchased bad debt from Barclaycard and have listed it on my credit file.
Checking my file Barclaycard never registered the account as defaulting just late payments before my DMP kicked in. However is this still a default and are PRA Group wrong to have added the debt to them on my file since they acquired it?
Most of my debt is paid and I’m thinking of paying the debt in full in return for them removing the account from my credit file, will they do that?

Thanks

Drifting

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    No they won’t remove it just because you pay it.

A DMP isn’t a get out of jail free card.
  • baldelectrician
    Options
    To default you they must issue a default notice and give you time to pay before the default is applied
    I would suggest you record any calls and ask them about the default notice.
    Follow their complaints procedure and do a subject access request.

https://www.checkmyfile.com/articles/2481/dealing-with-debt/understanding-a-default-notice-and-what-to-do-when-one-arrives.htm

A default notice (sometimes referred to as a default letter or Notice of Default) is a formal letter sent to you by a creditor as a result of payments missed on a credit agreement between yourself and a credit provider. A credit provider can most commonly come in the form of credit card and loan companies, but can also include mobile phone operators and utility companies.

The notice will give you 14 days to pay any amount owed before issuing a default. This can add to pre-existing pressures, but it is really important to not bury your head in the sand and ignore the default notice - if left unpaid a default can lead to a county court judgment (CCJ) or other forms of IVA.
    baldly going on...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport