Daligas

Options
Stuart_W
Stuart_W Posts: 1,732 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 11 December 2018 at 6:29PM in Energy
Just wondered if any other Daligas customers are on here.

If so, did you end your supply year in credit? (Daligas effectively bill annually, with monthly budget statements produced each month until anniversary date when the real bill is produced)

Would be interested to know how long it took to receive a refund of any overpayment.

I've already been making direct debit payments for the next supply year, and have not received any refund yet. (It doesn't work like a usual budget account where credit is carried forward, they operate on a stand-alone annual bill basis)

I know Daligas were in trouble with the CMA earlier this year. Hope this isn't a sign that it's the next one on the list of small companies to go under.

Thanks

Comments

• WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 December 2018 at 6:42PM
    Options
    Stuart_W wrote: »
    Just wondered if any other Daligas customers are on here.

If so, did you end your supply year in credit? (Daligas effectively bill annually, with monthly budget statements produced each month until anniversary date when the real bill is produced)

Would be interested to know how long it took to receive a refund of any overpayment.

I've already been making direct debit payments for the next supply year, and have not received any refund yet. (It doesn't work like a usual budget account where credit is carried forward, they operate on a stand-alone annual bill basis)

I know Daligas were in trouble with the CMA earlier this year. Hope this isn't a sign that it's the next one on the list of small companies to go under.

Thanks

I'm still waiting for my refund from 2016! :eek:

From what I recall, the CMA were only involved with Daligas in regards to their supply to microbusiness customers, not domestic customers ... unless you know of another issue?
  • Stuart_W
    Options
    WhoIsThat wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for my refund from 2016! :eek:?
    That's not good. Hope mine isn't that long. It's irritating that they owe me money and I'm already paying them more money.
    WhoIsThat wrote: »
    From what I recall, the CMA were only involved with Daligas in regards to their supply to microbusiness customers, not domestic customers ... unless you know of another issue?

Yes, just failing on business customer compliance - didn't know if that might have cost them dear, and being quite small they're unlikely to cope with taking much of a hit.
  • WhoIsThat
    Options
    That's not good. Hope mine isn't that long. It's irritating that they owe me money and I'm already paying them more money.
    Well I hope they repay customers in the order that money is owed, and that no customer is given any favouritism in this regard.

Yes, just failing on business customer compliance - didn't know if that might have cost them dear, and being quite small they're unlikely to cope with taking much of a hit.

I don't think it probably cost them much at all.
    As far as I can see, they needed to update/revise/include some information that was on their website, to not include some terms in their contracts with the microbusiness customers (relating to auto rollover and associated matters that once was common amongst all business tariffs) and to submit an annual compliance statement to the CMA.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I left 2 years ago and got the money returned after 33 days from the switch date.
    The Feedback Thread for Daligas is here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4587017
  • Stuart_W
    Options
    Just popping back to confirm that Daligas paid my £209 refund into my bank account on 11th January. Original credit bill produced 20th November. Sent a (polite) query email on 30th December and situation resolved fairly soon afterwards.

The Daligas annual billing method does take a bit of getting used to, it is unlike all other companies I have used. I certainly haven't experienced the problems or difficulties others seem to be complaining about.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure