uSwitch Website Updated - Flamin' Horrible!!

Options
GunJack
GunJack Posts: 11,676 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
They've changed it this week and it's bl00dy awful, all geared towards touchscreen devices. Desktop/lappy it's bad, and the filtering takes more clicks to change :mad:

Wish companies would stop doing ths :(
......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D

Comments

• Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's just change for the sake of change. Absolutely nothing wrong with it before.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    edited 16 January 2020 at 2:46PM
    Options
    Yes, it's an utter disaster. It starts by showing the future as an old mercury-filled compact fluorescent bulb, and then needs a million redundant keyclicks before it eventually gives results. sleepy.gif

Amazingly, the results page doesn't even show the annual costs, only Ofgem's meaningless fake 'savings'. Instead, it requires two more keyclicks and then a lot of scrolling down. You have go through this palaver for every supplier you wish to compare.

If you want to check whether single rate is cheaper than E7 then you have to enter the information all over again, even the gas readings...

Worst of all, it doesn't show all suppliers: the cheapest electricity supplier, Neon Reef, is completely missing.

Needless to say, I've deleted uSwitch from my bookmarks !
  • UnclaimedEnergy
    Options
    Gerry1 wrote: »
    Worst of all, it doesn't show all suppliers: the cheapest electricity supplier, Neon Reef, is completely missing.!

Do any price comparison sites show Neon Reef?

I thought comparison sites rely on obtaining prices from suppliers and don't seek them out themselves? If Neon Reef isn't on comparison websites then I believe it's Neon's problem.
  • Gerry1
    Options
    Do any price comparison sites show Neon Reef?
    Yes, Citizens Advice / Energy Helpline.
  • UnclaimedEnergy
    Options
    Gerry1 wrote: »
    Yes, Citizens Advice / Energy Helpline.

They also have plans up for Utility Point which are over a month out of date:
    "Just Up 19 Wk49 Direct"

Looks like those two use the exact same data, just presented differently.

It's prob always best to use multiple ones anyway and not just rely on one set of data.
  • Gerry1
    Options
    Looks like those two use the exact same data, just presented differently.

It's prob always best to use multiple ones anyway and not just rely on one set of data.
    Yes, the more the merrier. Some also have exclusive offers. Compare the Market also use Energy Helpline.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options

Yes, some energy companies offer best tariffs via Uswitch others via MSE Cheap energy club or another such as CTM
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm glad i'm not the only one who doesn't like the "new look".

Has anyone figured out if you choose a Fixed tarrif, how to make it show only 2 year fixed tarrifs? I seem to have to scoll allow for 12 months etc but it seems some 24 month tarrifs pop up in between 12 months as its presumable sorted on price?

Not overly impressed so far, and no way to switch back to "classic / old view"...

Kev
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It looks like uswitch has reverted the website back, it looks more like it used to now.

Kev
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport