Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    edited 18 November 2017 at 5:50PM
    Options
    Have no idea about this, but I have a Pyroflam casserole dish that goes from hob to oven to freezer, not sure if S do those?

Thanks Enterprise. Didn't see any of those but will have another look tomorrow.

Doubled up 2000pts for clothing in S and bought boots (reduced from £28 to £14) and jeans (£20 reduced to £6) so £48 worth for free. :T

Called at Primark and got four different pairs of boots (original total £52) for £22. :T:T

AP Day 4 = £3 M&S, 2 x £3 Gregg's and a coke. :T:T:T

Hope everyone has had a similarly pleasing day.

Edit: ...and also picked up a Sparks card from M&S and 9 sets of free stickers from T mags.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all

Had a lovely day with friend and her sister I managed another small "hamper" of goods plus 30 bags of goodies for their fayre

I let them see the items sort of grouped and they packed them away in the lovely Xmas bags I got really cheap in Asda

Remember the free shampoo conditioner at boots? that plus Pears hand wash, were the type of gifts All worth at least £2.50

A lot of my stash was to "expensive" in real terms to be added

Now I am off to asda to start again :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    TM You deservedly have an :A looking after you Glad you are ok

Gocat You must be so excited :j
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    SSM, one of the most useful things someone told me was to beware looking at places like this through my eyes rather than through my mother’s eyes. My mum has been in residential care now for a few weeks and each time I see her she keeps talking about how happy she is and how she never thought she could be this happy. It is truly wonderful to see her. She does not have Alzheimers, but she does have some memory loss and gets confused. Staff are wonderful and she has already made some friends. She has stopped saying how her deafness stops her from joining in things. Yesterday I asked if she had had a nice day and she said that every day was nice here. I hoped that this would be an improvement for her but I didn’t expect it to be this good.
    I am glad your mum has settled and likes it:T:T much easier for ou as well then x
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Morning paw sniffers:D

I’m up early. Busy day ahead.

I didn’t get to tell you about my mishap yesterday.

As usual I was rushing around to an appointment early yesterday morning. I usually park in A’s car park close to where I had a meeting. There had been a bit of a ground frost yesterday, but I was surprised to see that A had salted/ gritted the entire car park with what looked like tiny little plastic balls.
    I was wearing a pair of kitten heel boots freshly out of my winter wardrobe. If I’d thought about it , I would have remembered that I nearly broke my neck in them last year on a slippy floor.:eek:

I think you can see where I’m going with this:o

Within yards of leaving the car, I did a bambi on ice impersonation and fell spectacularly on these blooming slippy things.....just as a car was turning the corner into the car park. It was impossible to save myself and I fell, just glancing my head against the front wheel of the oncoming car.:eek:

I was totally unhurt and felt more embarrassed than anything else:o

Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day contemplating what might have been and how in a split second your life can change or even end:eek:

I realised my family would have misrepresented my demise......well.....she died doing what she loved.....wombling:rotfl:

I thought about “poetic justice” and “divine retribution”......meeting my maker in an Asda car park:rotfl:

I would like to think that my tombstne would read “ she lived by the sword and died by the sword” but more likely would be.....

“Here lies TM, squashed in an Asda carpark”

:rotfl::rotfl:
    :eek::eek: glad you are ok, please be more careful we are not getting any younger:p
    tweets wrote: »
    Why don't you take errant sons ipad to Apple store and see how much it would cost and how long it would take ?

Hi tweets:wave:
    We don't have an apple store nearest is MK and you have to make an appointment:eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Arthien wrote: »
    Morning all!

I've been one of Zag's lurkers the last week or so. DH received bad news about his dad last week so that threw everything off kilter in the Arthien household, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future :(

Quick request for Di if she's reading - what was the name of the decent anti sickness medication please?

Just a quick thanks to the poster that mentioned the walnut-less whips, sorry I lost the post I was going to respond to. Funny enough I'd actually just been in to B&M about an hour or so earlier and found them! The world works in mysterious ways...

No 20% Sparks discount for me as I've not spent enough yet, I've only had the card a couple of months. It's a pity as I wanted to get DH a present but was waiting for another discount code. I suspect a girly shopping trip with my mum today will soon get me more points though :rotfl:

If anyone hasn't picked up their Milkybar calendars yet, double check CS as I've got it on mine until 30th Nov.
    Sorry to read this, take care x
    LANGO1966 wrote: »
    Shop from today using lentil and bacon soup

15 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Napolina Penne (500g) £0.75 £0.64
    4x Heinz Beanz in Barbecue Sauce (390g) £3.80 £2.60
    1x Napolina Fusilli (500g) £0.75 £0.64
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Jam Doughnuts (2pk) £1.00 £0.70
    0.62x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.47 £0.47
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    3x L'Oreal Men Expert Invincible Sport Gift Set For Him (each) £18.00 £9.00
    1x KitKat 2 Finger Milk Chocolate Biscuit Bar 9 Pack (9x20.7) £1.00 £1.00
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4 pint) £0.99 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £26.96 £16.25

How much do beans work out please?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »

How much do beans work out please?

Depends how fit they want to be :D

bean-300x201.jpg
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • bubbs
    edited 18 November 2017 at 6:13PM
    Options
    CM66 wrote: »
    So I braved the rain and did a car boot this morning, £170 in 2 hours! Car booters are crazy! But my lovely Asda gift sets and toiletries went down a treat :T
    Mad:rotfl::rotfl: but well done dont know where you are but none round here this time of yr
    zippydooda wrote: »
    W shop 1
    8_FB75_A62-_B4_B1-4_DBA-_BEFB-_EE769_EFEC8_E1.jpg

Shop 2

DDC6655_A-613_F-4550-_BD37-_ADFE164993_FC.jpg
    :T:T:T:T i love anchor spreadable but would be tempted too much:o i need this 12 pound off:rotfl:
    zippydooda wrote: »
    cant find my waitrose bg card :eek: probably in the car somewhere.

can a kind elite have a look at the back of the card please, does it state "buying gift cards excluded" please. i need to buy a £100 jl one

:eek::eek::eek: oh god hope you find it, when does it run out?
  • bubbs
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    :eek: a 15 month pass, never seen one that big, off to ebay to have a looksie.

Oh, thought it was a muggle womble.
    If it was a womble i would have said its a womble:p
    davemorton wrote: »
    Depends how fit they want to be :D

bean-300x201.jpg

Idiot:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    A v S

x Quaker Oat So Simple Golden Syrup Porridge (360g) £1.50 £1.22
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Apple & Blueberry Porridge (360g) £1.50 £1.22
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    A v W

1x ASDA Butcher's Selection 8 Pork Sausages (454g) £1.69 £1.20
    1x Ryvita Original Crackerbread (200g) £0.90 £0.87
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure