Virgin money

Options
Anthony_Cochrane
Anthony_Cochrane Posts: 5 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 14 February 2018 at 11:44AM in Savings & investments
What is the best Virgin money stocks & shares isa investment ?

Comments

• ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What is the best Tesco food?

Hard to say if we don't know whether you are a granny from Grimsby or a hod carrier from Hull
  • Anthony_Cochrane
    Options
    Don't want to invest in Tesco !
  • stephenadarglas
    Options
    What coldiron means in his way is we need to know your age profile, attitude to risk and current debts etc. before anyone can give you an informative answer.
  • stephenadarglas
    Options
    ........................ and a big welcome to the forum too!!!!
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    In addition to the above, why Virgin Money?
  • verybigchris
    Options
    None of them. Virgin Money's investments all have excessive fees. They used to do decent cashback offers, so in theory it was worthwhile for some people to invest the minimum amount for the minimum time, get the payout and then sell-up, but they seem to have stopped that now.
  • firestone
    Options
    What is the best Virgin money stocks & shares isa investment ?
    hi- unless you are tied in & must use Virgin i think most people would look at another provider as the charges on their own funds are very high i.e UK Trackers at 1% would not be recommend by many on this site i would guess
  • HHarry
    HHarry Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a Virgin Mney FTSE All-share ISA for a while - This is not a recommendation.

Whilst the fees are around 4x higher than other providers, it was very simple as a newcomer to investing and served it's purpose. Now that I know more I've moved it elsewhere to take advantage of lower fees.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    HHarry wrote: »
    I had a Virgin Mney FTSE All-share ISA for a while - This is not a recommendation.

Whilst the fees are around 4x higher than other providers, it was very simple as a newcomer to investing and served it's purpose. Now that I know more I've moved it elsewhere to take advantage of lower fees.

There are plenty of other "simple" options with significantly lower fees. If the OP provides a bit more detail then I'm sure they will get many suggestions.
  • Anthony_Cochrane
    Options
    My work colleague has virgin money bond,gilts UK& oversea share fund and he has do very well especially in the last couple of years ! I am 69 retired and like low to medium risk ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure