Lowell Default Added

Options
Hi Guys & Girls,

I'm after some help and advice please, I'm really struggling to understand a defaulted account on my credit file.

I recently checked my credit file as am in the process of applying for a mortgage, I noticed Lowell have put a default on my credit file...

I defaulted on an old T-Mobile account, this was over 6 years ago (no longer shows on my credit file) due to being young a stupid... Lowell purchased the debt and it is now fully paid with Lowell, however they have recorded a default on 23/10/2013 and every payment is also marked as default...

Is this normal? If not is there anything I can do about it at all as this is something that is going to impact my mortgage application.

Many Thanks!

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to MSE,

I would suggest that you complain to Lowell regarding the default. Ask them to remove it or at least amend it to nearer to the appropriate time when the account was actually in arrears. You can quote the Information Commissioner Guidelines.

If they are showing a balance as outstanding you may also need to send proof that the debt is paid to make sure that it is marked as settled. If they do not amend your file as you ask them to then you can escalate the matter to the Financial Ombudsman and the Information Commissioner. Good luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure