Try Me Free Hunt

Options

Comments

• Discodee
    Discodee Posts: 2,062 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    flyer wrote: »
    I keep a spreadsheet as I have 6 addresses. Fortunately I was able to check that I had used one of them last year!

well if you get 6 free of everything you can't be too mad at having to pay for one! lol ;)
    I can be brown I can be blue I can be violet and sky. I can be hurtful I can be purple I can be anything you like..Gotta be green gotta be mean gotta be everything more...
  • Discodee
    Options
    m1kjm wrote: »
    If you 'search this thread' for 'filter' they'll come up e.g. post 1741.

Hi again My search just brings up copious posts about cars!! lol

Does anyone have any ideas about how to use it. Also is one better than the other I bought the sachets of cafetiere coffee

Any advice would be gratefully received.
    I can be brown I can be blue I can be violet and sky. I can be hurtful I can be purple I can be anything you like..Gotta be green gotta be mean gotta be everything more...
  • m1kjm
    m1kjm Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Discodee wrote: »
    Hi again My search just brings up copious posts about cars!! lol

Does anyone have any ideas about how to use it. Also is one better than the other I bought the sachets of cafetiere coffee

Any advice would be gratefully received.

You need to 'search this thread' not 'Forum Search'.

A TMF on cars would be fun.

Anyway, this is post 1741:

You need a cafetiere as it is coarser than instant. Or you could grind it down to make it finer although I have never tried this & not sure whether instant coffee is actually produced in a different way so that it dissolves. Perhaps someone on here is involved in the trade and knows the definitive answer.

Put the ground coffee in a jug and add boiling water. After five minutes, stir well and pour through tea strainer into cup. Can warm the jug first with hot water. Add boiling water to cup if its not hot enough.

Alternatively, use a piece of kitchen paper to make filter coffee. Line a clean funnel with a piece of kitchen paper folded diagonally and rest over a jug or cup. Put the ground coffee into the paper (the triangle part that's now a bit like a bag,) and pour boiling water in to cover the coffee only. After a minute, add more boiling water.
  • Discodee
    Options
    Has anyone had gilette back? And how long did persil take? I sent 2 off of each and have not had any back! ;/
  • Claire_Alex
    Options
    Discodee wrote: »
    Has anyone had gilette back? And how long did persil take? I sent 2 off of each and have not had any back! ;/

Persil takes 4-5 weeks

Gillette is about 2-3 weeks
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't heard anything from the razor mbg. I know some people have appealed others, any tips on this would be greatfully received. (I posted it on 5th Aug so sure I should have heard back by now, even if 28 days was 28 working days.)
    Tia
    LBB

I've got 2 outstanding from the razor, from June/July, to 2 addresses. But haven't conatcted them as I can't remember if I addressed them as Ms/Miss or first name :o
    Also waiting for 2 bastiste, 1 was uploaded to website and the other didn't print very well so I sent the print out and wrote on the bottom. :(

A spreadsheet sounds like a good idea but don't have much experience of spreadsheets, how would I work one for TMF?:o
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • Claire_Alex
    Options
    Spreadsheet

Name of TMF Expiry Date Address 1 Date Posted Address 2 Date Posted Received

Daz Liquid 31/12/2014 Joe Bloggs, MSE land John Smith, Newtown. Yes/No
  • max2002ad
    max2002ad Posts: 303 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    edited 17 September 2014 at 12:29AM
    Options
    I also keep a spreadsheet and have done since 2004.
    Mine has these titles:

Product, Date Purchased, Cost Price, Claim Sent, Claim Received, Cost Of Claim,Claim Value,Profit/Loss
    Then for counting and yearly figures I have three small columns for
    Number Unique Processing.

I find it helps keep track of what's still to come back but also how many I have done and what gain I have made or how much I have saved.
    My Motto in Life:

Make Every Penny Count !!!!
  • purplestar133
    Options
    asset2004 wrote: »

A spreadsheet sounds like a good idea but don't have much experience of spreadsheets, how would I work one for TMF?:o

If a spreadsheet sounds too much you can just write it on paper like I do! I have a little notebook I keep in my bag with quick notes about some of the TMFs etc I'm interested in, like pack sizes, max refund, closing date etc and when I send one off I just note how much I spent, when I sent it and to which address.

Really quick notes, no effort!

A spreadsheet would be good if you wanted to actually do a calculation about what profit you've made etc, like someone above said, but if you're not bothered about that, you could even write it in a word document.
  • sugar_snaps
    Options
    Hi everyone, I sent off for this money back guarantee over 5 weeks ago and I haven't received anything. Is anyone else been waiting a long time? Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback