How to keep wasps away on holiday?

We've just booked a cheap last-minute week on the greek island of Thassos, leaving on wednesday  :D

I've read that Thassos has a wasp problem some years to to it's location...if the spring rains don't wash the eggs away, they can be a real problem in the summer.

Apparently they are fairly docile, but just in case, does anyone know if wearing normal insect repellant keeps them away?  Also, does citronella work on them? I've got a citronella gel stick that we take camping, & I thought I could stand it in the room somewhere to try to keep them out. We normally just use one of those plug-in mozzie killers.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks- I did look on boots.com before asking but I couldn't find anything about wasp repellent, so maybe they don't make this one any more :-/

All the insect repellents on their website just seem to state for "biting insects" like mozzies and midges. Perhaps I'll have more luck in store.
  • vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    you may find that you are able to buy something more effective in the resort if there is a problem - the locals will know what works in any particular year and what doesn't
    Blah
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport