Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Brighty88
    • By Brighty88 12th Dec 19, 2:42 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Brighty88
    Late gravel delivery
    • 12th Dec 19, 2:42 PM
    Late gravel delivery 12th Dec 19 at 2:42 PM
    Good afternoon all, a newbie looking for some advice please.
    I ordered 6 bulk bags of gravel and paid more for delivery to guarantee an AM delivery today. However the gravel didnt show up so I rang the courier to investigate and was told essentially that they hadn't arranged a vehicle large enough to cope with this delivery and that they could only get the delivery to me for this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Meanwhile I'm getting angry phone calls from the gentleman making the driveway in the pooring rain asking where the gravel is and saying that either way he won't be able to finish the job today and they he will have to come back tomorrow at more expense to me. Because of the mistake I opted to cancel the order with the gravel supplier and was told I will get a refund. However I want to know if I have a case to claim the money I'll be charged for the extra days work on the driveway, from the gravel company or the haulier that didn't account for the size of the delivery?
    Any help would be great!
Page 1
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 12th Dec 19, 5:23 PM
    • 40,419 Posts
    • 37,922 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 12th Dec 19, 5:23 PM
    • 12th Dec 19, 5:23 PM
    Is this business to business? If so, you'll have to read the terms of business you agreed to when you placed the order.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
    • Brighty88
    • By Brighty88 12th Dec 19, 7:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Brighty88
    • 12th Dec 19, 7:15 PM
    • 12th Dec 19, 7:15 PM
    No it was a private delivery to my house sue.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 13th Dec 19, 11:48 PM
    • 40,419 Posts
    • 37,922 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 13th Dec 19, 11:48 PM
    • 13th Dec 19, 11:48 PM
    Well, it's possible you'd be able to make such a claim, but I wouldn't expect it to be that easy.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,829Posts Today

8,111Users online

Martin's Twitter