Options

Comments

• LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 August 2018 at 2:34PM
    Options
    Here's some pictures from Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow around 1.30pm:

Shopkins Happy Places Miniature Decor and Shopkins Chef Club (not sure what these are) - £1 each.
    I9fQXmC.jpg?1
    Seven Seas CardioMAX Heart Support, High Strength Omega-3, 30 One-A-Day Capsules, £1
    XefF0DJ.jpg?1
    Also Solar Buddeez "Amazing Non-Stop Action", £1 and Squeez-Ems Keyrings - £1.
    2jvbO5z.jpg?1
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    Kellogg's Reduced Sugar Frosties 640g, £1
    dgOiNU0.jpg?1
    These were £2 in my local this afternoon. Still, I managed to get a couple more TIGI shampoos for £2. I'm seriously reducing the frequency with which I wash my hair, so expect each to last 4 months at least!

Also spotted some pink plastic / metal round lunchboxes the other day for £2 - they've gone fast as there was a single lonely specimen left. Luckily I didn't need one, as I'd bought this v similar item, BNWT from a chazzer for £1.50 mid-May :D
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    one of these BNWT for £1.50 (RRP varies, from £5 to a silly £9.95 from Amazon):

41J%2BHERy-uL._SL500_.jpg
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I posted about the TIGI items and didn't actually find any for myself when I went back :o

Re Poundstretcher - been watching the programme on Channel 4 recently. Wonder if Chris Edwards offered them some contacts/suppliers from his Poundworld days, which could suggest the reason for some of the similar stock? Last time I was in a Poundstretcher (in Edinburgh) two years ago (?) it was a hell hole badly in need of refurbishment - don't remember seeing any Poundland/world stock in it then.

Think Chris is an affable but shrewd chap and I'd definitely be listening and respecting his advice if Poundstretcher was mine.

Edit 21st August: Wow, last night's episode had a twist at the end I wasn't expecting! #TeamChris!

What was the twist??
  • LouLou
    Options
    surfsister wrote: »
    What was the twist??
    Basically Chris and all of the team he brought in were ousted without warning. Those who were in the warehouse whose job was to cast a critical eye over Poundstretcher's operations, were left waiting around in a car park for ages before they were told what was happening.

It came across as a callous and cruel way to treat a team of people trying to help.

Though Chris wasn't keen on having to keep reporting back to Aziz and told him he was always open to two-way communication - maybe there were egos at play.

Naturally TV shows are edited to make them look watchable, dramatic, confrontational, so I'm sure there's more to the story.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Basically Chris and all of the team he brought in were ousted without warning. Those who were in the warehouse whose job was to cast a critical eye over Poundstretcher's operations, were left waiting around in a car park for ages before they were told what was happening.
    That is very poor form, and tells us a lot about Aziz.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    I found a display basket full of these today for £1, RRP £5:

51MPvq3NVPL.jpg

Now for the rub: BB 17th July 2018 (one year from the date of manufacture), but I'm confident they'll taste fine.

• LouLou
    Options
    Argyle Street, Glasgow Poundland (according to HUKD it has Pliers/Saw Wire cutter/Bottle opener/Phillips screwdriver/Knife/Flat screwdriver/Can opener/Small screwdriver/File), also comes with a belt loop case, £1 ($4.36 at Wal-Mart https://www.walmart.com/ip/HIS-A-Gentleman-s-Brand-10-in-1-Tool/43184771)
    Zre0PHW.jpg?1
    Michelin Auto Expert Cleaning Waterless Wash & Wax, 1 Litre, £5 in Union Street, Glasgow UiQW38F.jpg
    Also in this store: Seven Seas Pulse Advanced Omega-3 Fish Oil 60 Capsules, £1
    35017557.jpg
  • LouLou
    Options
    Also, more bits from Trongate, Glasgow earlier:

House Of Holland Mental Monsters 24 Nails & Glue, £1

L'Oreal Color Riche Le Kohl 102 Pure Espresso (also a Grey colour available) £1

Maybelline Color Show Intense Velvet Lip Crayon 130 Love My Pink, £1

Lychee & White Willow Fragranced Micellar Water Bath & Shower, 500ml, £1 (says Mirabelle Ltd on the back)
    sFf3gg8.jpg
  • Middy_Oil
    Middy_Oil Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 September 2018 at 6:26PM
    Options
    Dowman belt buddy (a good soft toy make from past experience) (to put on your (children’s) car seatbelt) - possibly only couple left in North Street, Brighton, in the car related section and a few in Haywards Heath in the toy section (didn’t actually look at car section so could have also been there).
    Brighton only had elephants, there were also bears wearing police hats in Haywards Heath.
    Both stores they were hanging next to the shelves, so could be elsewhere/multiple placings.

Edit: in wire baskets in some branches, also tigers and guardsmen costumed bears (the police one above also has a police jacket on)
  • savingmonkey
    Options
    Lots of the baylis & harding beauticology items in Epsom store today in mango & mandarin, coconut &lime and strawberry and something I can't remember. Body butter, scrub, handcream and bath/shower creme. I got the coconut body butter to try, smells nice but not as thick as other butters I have used before.

My kids got a small blackboard with chalks that they are enjoying playing with.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback