Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I found this on the £5 shelf today, took it to self-scan with the intention of seeing whether the price had come down...and was delighted to buy it for £2. I didn't appreciate how big the bottle is from Loulou's picture, it's 750ml so roughly 3 times the size of an ordinary shampoo bottle and is supposed to retail at £9.99. I shall report back as to whether it actually works or not!

360890463-1.jpg
    Well, I'm reporting back because surprisingly, I actually really like this product! Subject to availability, I'll get some more this week.
    Lastly, I hadn't seen this before but - apparently selling for £2+ elsewhere - again it smelled pleasant enough so I bought a couple, thinking they'll do for a holiday:

DermaV10-Anti-Aging-Body-Oil-200ml-0082037.jpg?sw=545&sh=545&sm=fit
    Again, this is a nice product to use - especially slathered on after a hot bath in the evening, weirdly it's gentle smell has helped me sleep.
    LouLou wrote: »
    At the Cosmetics section, there's also "Collection" (used to be called Collection 2000) Lip Balms, in Pink Strawberry, Green Apple and Orange Burst packs, 3 for £1.
    UY08yTa.jpg
    I'll look out for these too - having watched me get ready in the mornings, my little niece has insisted on "helping" me by applying my lipstick for me. Lip balm creates less damage :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 August 2018 at 3:49PM
    Options
    Poundland has a new skincare range called #6, rather cheekily sounds like Boots' range of skincare ;). First read about it here thanks to Caroline_1993 on HUKD.

Saw #6 in Argyle Street, Glasgow this afternoon (added the information I can see from my photo).

Left to Right:
    Micellar Cleansing Water 200ml,
    Anti-Ageing Night Cream "Fight Visible Signs Of Ageing With Collagen, Ceramides, Vitamins A, E & Pro Vitamin B5, Sweet Almond Oil And Algae Extract",
    Anti-Ageing Derma Serum "Fight visible signs of ageing with Sepilift Mono Peptide, Jojoba Oil, Vitamins A, C & E, White Water Lily Extract And Rice Milk" - Suitable for all skin types/Fragrance Free,
    Anti-Ageing Collagen Filler.
    34805797.jpg
    Edit: Here's close-up from Trongate, Glasgow store's window (all of these on this store's shelves today - except the Eye Cream, Saturday 18th August):
    9ZYvOFV.jpg?1
    All say "Suitable For All Skin Types".

Anti-Ageing Day Cream: "Fight Visible Signs Of Ageing With Collagen, Ceramides, Sweet Almond Oil, Algae Extract & Vitamins A & E"

Micellar Cleansing Water: "With Pro-Vitamin B5, Aloe Vera, Chamomile And Vitamin E"

Anti-Ageing Eye Cream: "Fight Visible Signs Of Ageing With Collagen, Ceramides, Algae Extract & Flaxseed Oil"

Collagen Filler: "Fight Visible Signs Of Ageing With Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, Shea Butter & Algae Extract"

No SPF in the Day Cream, which is a bit disappointing, though.
  • jude_s
    jude_s Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 August 2018 at 11:51AM
    Options
    Unable to post my picture but several different Nutra nail products in Porthcawl and Swansea city centre branches. Also Fructis Light as air - hair oil and other Fructis Hair oil. Swansea also had the large £2 Tigi bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Priced at £5 but scanned at £2.
    Wont need any more shampoo for a good while!
    :T
  • LouLou
    Options
    Spotted these Adidas Hard Cases for iphone 5/5s in Trongate, Glasgow this afternoon - wonder if there's more varieties?
    CjJko9j.jpg?1
    Not my taste, but my teenage niece would love these!
  • LouLou
    edited 19 August 2018 at 11:23PM
    Options
    Some things from Argyle Street, Glasgow earlier last night (Saturday):

Salon System Nail Lux Gel Effect Finish or Conceal & Correct With Diamonds 125ml, £1.
    hKmzR7t.jpg?1
    Golden Oreo 10 packs, £1. (Think they're twin-packs for lunchboxes, not sure, as I don't like Oreos!)
    dMkyzxm.jpg?1
    Look away now if you don't like Winnie The Pooh, or Disney :)

Various £1 Disney Christopher Robin items at the crafty section: Tape 48mm x 9.1M
    1ECESsU.jpg?1
    On the Top Left: Some sort of Gift Tag assortment (can't see the label)
    Top Right: Christopher Robin A4 Glittered Decoration Pack
    Bottom Left: Christopher Robin Paper Pack 36x
    Bottom Middle: Christopher Robin Tile Stickers, 112x
    Bottom Right, Christopher Robin Stencils, 48pcs
    Zr71Mcg.jpg
    Full size picture here, so you can zoom in: https://i.imgur.com/Zr71Mcg.jpg

Christopher Robin Square Letter Stickers, 60pcs
    Christopher Robin Pearl Stickers, 130pcs
    jlJ61w9.jpg?1
    Christopher Robin 12 Cards With Foil Print, 7.5 x 7.5cm, 12 Envelopes
    Z8nUMSd.jpg?1
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    I see the Christopher Robin stuff has been manufactured to coincide with the release of the film!

I was on the hunt for more TIGI (colour combat) at £2 and found just one amongst a scanty shelf of others - they have gone fast!! Lots of the whipped foundation in the silver sphere posted earlier, although difficult to assess the colour match through so much plastic so I decided not to invest my £1 on this occasion. Also shelves rammed full of the #6 range - a quick glance at the ingredients showed a very basic product that some smart marketeers have got their hands on. I prefer to buy from Lidl when it's at 1/2 price. I didn't find the flavoured lip balms but got a plain pack of 3 which I convinced my niece was magic lipstick, because it's invisible. Multi-packs of 10 mini-Crunchies can be found, apart from that not much different on the food section.

I am a little disappointed with Poundland of late because it doesn't seem to stock facial washes, just make-up wipes and micellar water. It turns out that Poundstretcher now seems to be a better bet for such products, which I have noticed sells certain Poundland items (non-essentials) for marginally less than £1. Part of the fun of Poundland was finding the pearl amongst the debris, it's becoming less that way these days.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • LouLou
    edited 21 August 2018 at 11:41AM
    Options
    It turns out that Poundstretcher now seems to be a better bet for such products, which I have noticed sells certain Poundland items (non-essentials) for marginally less than £1. Part of the fun of Poundland was finding the pearl amongst the debris, it's becoming less that way these days.
    I posted about the TIGI items and didn't actually find any for myself when I went back :o

Re Poundstretcher - been watching the programme on Channel 4 recently. Wonder if Chris Edwards offered them some contacts/suppliers from his Poundworld days, which could suggest the reason for some of the similar stock? Last time I was in a Poundstretcher (in Edinburgh) two years ago (?) it was a hell hole badly in need of refurbishment - don't remember seeing any Poundland/world stock in it then.

Think Chris is an affable but shrewd chap and I'd definitely be listening and respecting his advice if Poundstretcher was mine.

Edit 21st August: Wow, last night's episode had a twist at the end I wasn't expecting! #TeamChris!
  • VfM4meplse
    edited 20 August 2018 at 10:56AM
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    Golden Oreo 10 packs, £1. (Think they're twin-packs for lunchboxes, not sure, as I don't like Oreos!)
    dMkyzxm.jpg?1
    Yes, 2 thin biscuits in a pack but watch the dates - the boxes I saw expire at the end of Sept.

I bought a box of these, and they seem to do the job fine:

130600_1.jpg

I spotted some ceramic travel mugs for £2, wasn't keen on the 2 slogans available but at least the price of these products is on the away down, esp useful as coffee shops will be getting rid of plastic "disposable" cups.

• LouLou
    Options
    From the Union Street, Glasgow store earlier on Thursday afternoon:

Kellogg's Reduced Sugar Frosties 640g, £1
    dgOiNU0.jpg?1
    Also Heinz Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Dry Pasta Shapes (can't see the size of pack, 360g I think), £1
    zrv2MWe.jpg?1
  • LouLou
    edited 25 August 2018 at 4:15PM
    Options
    Multibionta 50+ Complete Multivitamin With Biotic Cultures And Minerals, 60 Tablets, £1.
    pzloA91.jpg
    Was in Trongate, Glasgow but I took the last two. Best Before dates are February 2019.

There's another variety of Multibionta, 30 Tablets, still plenty on shelves.

Edit: I keep forgetting to add, this same store has a few of the Catwalk (TIGI) Shampoos and Conditioners. Found some!!

Still at the £5 section, so maybe that's why there's still a few left. Now £2, of course. Sis made me pick her up a few :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback