French transport strikes

Options
For anyone planning a quick pre Christmas trip that involves France, even their airspace, double check your transport as there are likely to be disruptions.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Airports-Eurostar-TGV-all-suject-to-cancellations-due-to-French-pension-reform-strikes

I'm currently abroad and I've already been warned by Easyjet that my flight home might be affected as the route crosses French air space.

There are also likely to be issues with some tourist places like the Eiffel Tower.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• bobblebob
    bobblebob Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    French are on strike? i would never believe it
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Merde.....allez Les Bleus....!!!!ers!
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Here's Eurostar's information
    https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/disruption/service-update
    There is also a link to SNCF for information on French railway services.
  • ashcliff
    Options
    Can someone please point me in the right direction with how to get a refund from Oui.SNCF for a train journey that was cancelled in December 2019?  I have gone through the right channels with the company by filling in an online form, phone calls,emails, social media etc but since then have been sent back and forth with no outcome, I am literally going round in circles!!! Apparently I should have had a reply by email after filling in the form online and needed to reply to this, however I have never received this email. (I took a screenshot so that I had confirmation of the form being done though).  It is impossibly to speak to anyone who actually understand English so phone calls are pointless.  I have made an official complaint (I think) but nothing happens.  I have no idea where and who to go to next.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    Exiting the EU will solve all these problems in future ?
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Exiting the EU will solve all these problems in future ?

being in the EU certainly didn't make  this problem any easier did it !
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback