Birmingham Midshires 5.40% soon to be 5.10%

Options
Tomorrow (Thursday) Birmingham Midshires are closing their Internet Easy Access a/c to new applicants.
To attain the 5.40% gross rate, apply quickly! (includes 1st year bonus).

This Friday, they launch Issue 2 of the a/c, @ just 5.10% (including 1st year bonus of 0.20%).

The a/c seems attractive for lump sum savings. It's probably less suitable for frequent withdrawals or deposits.

Terms + Conditions don't mention it but the following uncompetitive money-movement facts were revealed by Birmingham Midshires text presented during test transfers to & from the linked bank a/c :

"when you send money [pre-3pm] to your linked account, it will take up to 4 bank working days to arrive."

"when you request money from your linked account, we will send the request on the day you ask for it. The money will then take up to 4 bank working days to reach your Internet Easy Access account from your bank."

Anyone here able to confirm their experience concurs?

Comments

• Smokeyone
    Options
    Birmingham's telephone 5.1 per cent account has also closed. It is now 4.95 per cent.

Smokeyone
  • RubyBish
    RubyBish Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I applied online for one of these accounts at the beginning of the week. I havent yet received the paper work yet. I wonder if they will honour the application as being made before the issue change?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure