PIP Long wait. Is this normal?

Options
Hello

I applied for PIP over 10 months ago. Is it normal for it to take this long to receive a decision?

Timeline:
4th of January: applied for PIP
1st of March: received "How your disability affects you" form
5th of March: filled out form sent back to DWP
28th of March: received text from DWP saying they received the form
7th of June: Face to face assessment in Glasgow
10th of June: text from DWP saying they received the written assessment report and I should expect to hear from them within 6 weeks

It's been 21 weeks since the last text message from the DWP and I've heard nothing at all. I live in Inverclyde, Scotland. What should I do?

Comments

• Rubyroobs
    Options
    It shouldn't take 2 months to receive the PIP2 form and the last stage seems to be excessive. Have you rung them ?
  • Lyrr
    Options
    Haven't called them. My mental health issues make phone calls like that very difficult. I've been trying to contact my vulnerable groups outreach worker from welfare rights to see if she could ring them but I've been having no luck for some time now.

Is there a specific number to call?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    lyrr wrote: »
    is there a specific number to call?
    0800 121 4433
  • Lyrr
    Options
    Thank you Poppy.
  • blackcat11
    Options
    They do seem to be taking longer now, my Husband filled out a change of circumstance form at the end of July 2019, they received the form on the 4th August, he phoned at the end of Sept as he hadn't heard anything, they said his form was actually on the managers desk as they spoke and he should hear very soon and it wasn't worth ringing again, its now the 15th November and he still hasn't heard a word from them. I filled out a form for the underpayment thing, I cant remember what its called, they received the form on the 24th June 2019, I rang them at the end of July and they had requested info from the archives, I rang again in October and they were still waiting for the files from the archive office, so thats 4 months waiting for files from another department, I was told in no uncertain terms not to ring again and just wait for a letter. I didn't request the form for this they just sent it to me, Im not sure I was underpaid in 2012 but sent of the form just in case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure