Finally found credit agreement and it is in a different name

Options
I wonder if I have missed my chance.

I went through Gladstone Brooke’s to reclaim ppi on a loan I had with Abbey National (now Santander)

I knew I had ppi on it but the response was I didn’t have ppi with them.

Before I go on I have to say Abbey/Santander have real difficulty with my name.
It isn’t a particularly unusual name. It isn’t a hard to spell name but I have given up trying to get them to spell or even get my name correct.
For instance neither my credit or debit card have my actual name on them. They aren’t even matching. I get called a variation of my name all the time with them.

Going through a box of stuff I found the original credit agreement.

Account number
How much ppi was charged
Everything including my surname (which is correct) and a first name that sounds similar to my name but isn’t (like my name being Petra and they have it down as Peta but a little more wide of the mark and a few more different letters)

Can I go back to them with this new information given I did technically start this claim back in May and they do not have my name correct on the paperwork.

FWIW I have tried in the past to get my name corrected but they have lost important documentation when I have sent it in to them to prove what my name is and either not done anything or corrected it wrongly.

Thanks for any advice on advance

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Regardless of the name issue, an Agreement is not proof that you actually had PPI. It's perfectly possible for you to have cancelled the PPI during the "cooling off" period. for example.

In addition, while the name may be mis-spelt the account number will still be yours.

So by all means contact the Bank and submit your new "evidence", but don't expect an automatic refund of the amount on the Agreement.
  • Bala99
    Bala99 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I know I didn’t cancel the ppi and paid in full.

Did ring them up and they seemed to think I just needed to send the copy of the credit agreement in by post.

Or Fax!

Who has one of those?
  • Bala99
    Bala99 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for replying
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing