How And Why Are You Upping Your Income?

Options
Is upping even a real word? If not I reserve the right to change it later :)

Why do you want to increase your income?

What are you doing with the proceeds?

I do the occasional credit card freebie grabbing, the odd daily click (not very disciplined though) and matched betting to increase my income. I'm doing it to try and pay for home improvements.

Over to you :D

threadbanner.gif
The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:

Comments

• chocolatechipcookies
    Options
    I need to up my income because of a few reasons:

My husband (and his co-workers) can no longer do any paid overtime. It used to be really good, so he was always doing some, it was time and a half for Monday to Saturday and double for Sunday. Each month he brought home a few extra £100(ish) doing this. Now instead, due to something, I don't know what, they get time off in lieu... So that's cut his paycheck right down. We really did depend on his overtime pay to help with bills and debts. I don't get paid very well, being on minimum wage. And now I find out (making a post) after telling me a bill was written off, I owe £100.

He's going to do some off jobs. He likes to make cakes and pies, so he will sell those. He's got a birthday cake order and a wedding cake order, hoping to get a few more. A while ago his work commissioned him to make the video for the sports students dinner at the end of last school year. They were so impressed (everyone was!) They want him to make another for another department. He also films with his friend's boss who owns a production company. Now the boss knows he edits, he may get more jobs (not just filming) to get a bit more money. To be honest, I don't know what I can do. I don't have any talents one would pay for. So I'm a bit lost.

We will pay off debts (credit card, NPower, loan) and save for our wedding which will be in 2009.
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I've had a baby and I don't want to go back to work and leave her :o

I want to find a way of boosting my income from home, so I can do bits of work when she's napping or on an evening.

I already do mystery shopping, but everyone has jumped on the bandwaggon now and it's not as profitable as it once was and there are too many people fighting for too few jobs.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • wigglebeena
    wigglebeena Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Options
    jessicamb wrote: »
    Why do you want to increase your income?

Duh, to have more money? (just kiddin).

In a wonderful ideal world i'd stash enough capital away to live on the income, never work a day again, just hang out 'playing' on my hobbies and projects. Aaaaah, I can dream...
  • Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would like to pay off my mortgage. At the moment the extra money we do get either goes into savings or off the mortgage. We've managed to pay an extra £1000 off this year. I know it's not loads but it is a start.

I am also having our 2nd little one. So things are needed for the baby - do have some stuff left over from the first but we've had a 5 year gap and is amazing how much we gave away!!!

EM xx
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • wigglebeena
    Options
    I'm ebaying a bit (+Amazon, GM, Etsy etc). Not as much as I should or planned to. Theoretically any proceeds should be stashed away in savings: in practice often it goes on (usually necessary) purchases on Ebay etc. still better than coming out of my paycheck.

A pal is having a baby at the moment, so my current PP balance will probably go on adorable baby clothes from Etsy!
  • wigglebeena
    Options
    Also planning to do a bit of maths tuition, but i need to get up to speed first. I used to be so good at maths, where has that bit of my brain gone?...
  • wigglebeena
    Options
    oh, also writing a feelthy Ellora's Cave-style romance - it's my outside bet, you never know... Anyway it keeps OH on tenterhooks, begging to read it...
  • Wings_of_Ambition
    Options
    I've just spent £26,000 on pilot training, and it may be a while before I get my first job:eek:
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

I want to up my income because we have a second child on the way. At the momemt any extra money will go towards getting bedrooms ready for the new arrival, so on decorating and furniture. After that upping my income will go towards keeping my wife at home for as long as possible, she wants to treat the second child the same as with our first and not return back to work until he/she is at least 3 years of age, if possible until the second is school age.
  • Noname29
    Noname29 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    my reason is to afford the extras like extra holidays and a better car etc. Also if the mortgage could be paid off early that would be great. I havent worked in a 'proper' job since the boys were born and the're now 19 & 17 !
    Also hubby wants to retire early !!
    Nix
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family