How And Why Are You Upping Your Income?

Options

Comments

• andan
    andan Posts: 2,110 Forumite
    Options
    I want to increase my income as i work in a special school where the pay is not great but due to the hard nature of the job i found it a struggle having a permanent second job. Upping my income enables me to go out and have fun and save for rainy days and maybe a mortgage one day if the housing market ever looks good!

Am looking for new ways of making money but currently do surveys, daily clicks, mystery shopping and matched betting, also ebay and amazon. So, most of the usual things really :)
    :j Live on £4500, £2531/£4500:T 101 in 1001 (52/101):j:beer::j

• scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    I want to up my income as I'm hopefully going to move out of home soon. (waiting for the solicitors to move along the exchange on a flat) Also work have stopped all paid overtime, so the extra £100 or so a month I was getting has disappeared.

I do click through things, surveys and research panels to help out. Just a few pence here and there, but hoping it will all add up.
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • gems2381
    gems2381 Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    I want to mive out of home so I'm trying to save as much as I can!
    I do daily clicks and make about an extra £1000 a year from this, it takes time to do but for me it's worth it.
    Also do surveys etc for cash and vouchers which I use for presents or to save me paying for things like shampoo!
    Trying to sort my life out, and I'm going to get there!
  • dearbarbie
    Options
    So I can put more into savings!!
    :A
  • Dithering_Dad
    Options
    I increased my income by starting my own limited company. I do exactly the same job but instead of doing it for an employer, I sell my services via recruitment agencies and get paid on a daily contract rate. My income has increased, but I have also found that I am more tax efficient by being self employed so also gain there too.

My main motivation was to increase my income so that Mrs Dither could stop working to take care of our daughter Lucy, who has a development issue called Mosaicism. We are also currently doing the Mortgage Free in Three challenge, which has reduced our monthly mortgage payments dramatically, allowing us to channel these savings into a pension for my wife.
    Mortgage Free in 3 Years (Apr 2007 / Currently / Δ Difference)
    [strike]● Interest Only Pt: £36,924.12 / £ - - - - 1.00 / Δ £36,923.12[/strike] - Paid off! Yay!! :)
    ● Home Extension: £48,468.07 / £44,435.42 / Δ £4032.65
    ● Repayment Part: £64,331.11 / £59,877.15 / Δ £4453.96
    Total Mortgage Debt: £149,723.30 / £104,313.57 / Δ £45,409.73
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very simply - to secure my financial future.

I'm lucky enough now to be able to live on my earnings, but everything extra goes straight into savings. I'm about to get two lodgers in so that I can pop £700 a month rental straight into an ISA and know that I'll have savings to cover any event.

As a young person, my focus is on retirement and being able to do it - already in my life I've worked very hard, and I'm determined to get time to myself at the end of it all!
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • dearbarbie
    Options
    I increased my income by starting my own limited company. I do exactly the same job but instead of doing it for an employer, I sell my services via recruitment agencies and get paid on a daily contract rate. My income has increased, but I have also found that I am more tax efficient by being self employed so also gain there too.

My main motivation was to increase my income so that Mrs Dither could stop working to take care of our daughter Lucy, who has a development issue called Mosaicism. We are also currently doing the Mortgage Free in Three challenge, which has reduced our monthly mortgage payments dramatically, allowing us to channel these savings into a pension for my wife.

Wow I'd love to do that. Still early in career working in sales though, not like i'm in any trade or an accountant :(
    :A
  • trampyblonde
    Options
    I'd like to up my income so that I can pay off my loan and save to have a few nice holidays before I go travelling to New Zealand in 2011.....seems like a lifetime away though! :o
    :beer:
  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    Options
    So that every penny I get can go into my "house fund" for a higher deposit on our first house.

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• MinniMe_2
    MinniMe_2 Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Options
    quiet simply to get my !!! outta debt!
    New surname New start!
    Total Debt - [STRIKE]£9999.09 [/STRIKE]now 7633.16 23.66% paid off
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing