Waiting for grant of probate

Has anybody applied for a grant of probate recently? Around 1st of May ? Have you received any update from probate registry on what are their current turnaround times ?

Comments

• Yorkshireman99
    Yorkshireman99 Posts: 5,470 Forumite
    Sumanap wrote: »
    Has anybody applied for a grant of probate recently? Around 1st of May ? Have you received any update from probate registry on what are their current turnaround times ?
    Nobody can tell and past experience is no guide. Patience is the only thing.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Read the answers to when you asked this a few days ago - things haven't changed since then!
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,617 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Varies from one probate registry to another, so no point asking in general terms - and indeed probably not much point asking here at all. Have you asked the registry where you filed the application?
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • Sumanap
    Sumanap Posts: 11 Forumite
    The problem is I am a potential buyer of a probate property. And I don’t get a proper answer from the seller. They say it will be granted any day now. And this has been going on for 6 weeks now.
  • I feel your pain. I submitted an application on 28th March to the Winchester Probate Registry . I am still waiting and am not getting any response from the probate office for likely timescales. My case doesn't involve IHT to pay but I did complete IHT forms. So frustrating but all I can do is wait and meanwhile so much is on hold. I hope any day now but who knows!
  • Sumanap
    Sumanap Posts: 11 Forumite
    Oh no! March I think our sellers have applied 5o London Probate Registry we are looking for o5!34 properties now. This is going to take ages! Thank you for your reply. It just helps in understanding the current situation.
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,617 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sumanap wrote: »
    The problem is I am a potential buyer of a probate property. And I don’t get a proper answer from the seller. They say it will be granted any day now. And this has been going on for 6 weeks now.

The seller can't give you an accurate answer any more than somebody here can. You seem to keep asking the same questions on different threads in the hope of getting a definitive response. I appreciate it's frustrating, but frankly 6 weeks is nothing when it comes to buying a property (or getting probate granted), so just calming down as much as you can is likely to be your best bet.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure