Advantage gold account fee claim

Options
Hello

I used the resolver tool yesterday to try and claim back fees from an old advantage gold account that I believe was mis-sold to me.

My question is that after a couple of hours there was a reply from Natwest (I presume a semi-autmated one as was a bit quick) giving claim number, and saying that if not resolved already they will contact within 10 days with a complaint reference number and progress reports (complaint ref is already given at top of the message so a bit confusing) The bit that worries me is it then goes on to say that they prefer to speak on the phone to get the correct outcome (i didnt give my number on the form) I absolutely dont!, I hate speaking on the phone, I get nervous and forget things.

Will it do harm if I politely refuse to do this on the phone if they further request to do so, or will it give less weight to my claim?

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you refuse to speak to them they will simply do it based on the information you provided initially which may harm your case if they need to know something you didn't tell them
  • mar4848
    mar4848 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Can that not be done with email though? Why does it have to be by phone. I probably would struggle more than a few minutes phone call anyway, im a full-time carer for my son and he is home educated too, if they insist on the follow up (when they email me like they said they would in the next stage within 10 days) it would definately have to be after 8pm, when my son is settled (even then its hit and miss)
  • mar4848
    Options
    Should I reply to the resolver message and give my mobile if needed, or just wait for them to get back to me like they say they will?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Post #2 is the correct answer...
  • mar4848
    Options
    Thanks. Ive replied saying that I would prefer email but will give my number if necessary, it says they will email within 10 days, they will probably give a number that I can call, it might be easier that way, so I can call at a suitable time.

The info I gave initially was pretty clear cut anyway, the only thing they might need clarification on is the date I opened the account, as I had to estimate.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can ask them to email you yes, there is an understanding not everyone can / wants to use the phone. However, they aren't there to trick you, they just need to know stuff that you perhaps didn't realise you needed to provide. This is the danger of using third parties to do your complaint. You should just have got the FOS complaint form and sent it to them directly and cut out the middleman, who knows what Resolver actually sent to the firm.
  • mar4848
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, If I dont hear anything in the next 10 days il get in touch with them outside of resolver. On another point, is everything else with the account dealt with by other departments (eg PPI, unfair charges) or would they consider looking at the whole together. I used their own site to enquire about what products I may of had PPI on.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    They will have a separate department for PPI - did your complaint contain a number of different complaints or was it just the package account fee, as complaints should be raised separately.
  • mar4848
    Options
    I did them separately. The PPI enquiry direct on the Natwest site, the packaged account using resolver (coudnt find any info on complaining about that on Natwest site.
  • mar4848
    Options
    So I got another response in resolver, but a private one, giving the same complaint reference, and saying now being dealt with and that they have 8 weeks to comply but hope to resolve sooner, it does give another email address to contact if needed, but only phone number is corresponding to if i still have the packaged account and want to change, but its a sales number (i dont have the account anymore)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure