CCJ paid in full by DRO

Options
Hi all looking for some help.
I received a CCJ for a debt on 05/05/16.
My DRO was granted on 27/05/16.
The CCJ debt was included in the DRO.
So satisfied within a month of the Judgement.
Does this mean I can apply to have the CCJ removed

Any advice

Comments

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LauH wrote: »

Any advice

https://debtcamel.co.uk/credit-file-after-bankruptcy/
    The debts included in your bankruptcy should be marked by the creditors as partially settled with zero owing on the date of discharge. This is what the SCOR/ICO paper says should happen:

Your record should be closed and marked as partially settled if…. your account is included in an insolvency such as a bankruptcy or IVA which is discharged/completed and less than the full amount is paid. [page 8].

Presumably DROs follow the same rules which would mean that
    a) The debt is not fully satisfied and
    b) The date that it is satisfied is not the date that you are made bankrupt (or your DRO is granted) but when you're discharged so you would presumably not be considered to have paid it off within a month.
  • Alexis95
    Alexis95 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    LauH wrote: »

Any advice

It is worrying that 3 years on, you do not understand what a DRO actually is and how it affects you.

When you were granted the DRO, it effectively froze your debt repayments and any interest accruing on those debts for 12 months.

Only if after 12 months your financial situation had not improved were all the debts written off. In the case of the CCJ it would be then that it should have been marked as satisfied.

Please speak with one of the recognised debt charities such as StepChange or the CAB who will assist you, even at this late stage, to understand what a DRO is and how it will continue to affect you for years to come.

On a positive side, at least the CCJ will be removed from your credit record before the DRO will be.
    On a negative side, the DRO is probably going to cause you more grief than the CCJ ever would have.
  • LauH
    LauH Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I do understand how it affects my credit rating and the patronising reply is not appreciated and unhelpful.

I have had no reason to try and have it removed before as my financial situation has been fine and I have a good wage coming in and am under full knowledge that the DRO will not drop off for 6 years.

It's already been 3 years since my DRO was granted so already more than halfway through. I am positive about it and don't feel negative in anyway about it as I am in completely different circumstances financially now, I was just curious that if under those circumstances it would count towards the removal of the CCJ.

The claimant has already agreed that the debt is now satisfied but it takes days for them to reply and was curious to see if anyone else had had a similar experience.
  • LauH
    LauH Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Thankyou boo_star they haven't updated it as even partially settled so I am in the process of getting the correct information between the claimant and the court as the claimant hadn't updated their records. Which is what made me investigate it and bring up these questions.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Debts under the DRO get marked as partially satisfied. Strange how you got a DRO if on a decent income though. Still you do right chasing it up to get marked as such.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,948 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 22 June 2019 at 1:25PM
    Options
    nic_c wrote: »
    Debts under the DRO get marked as partially satisfied. Strange how you got a DRO if on a decent income though. Still you do right chasing it up to get marked as such.

Sorry nic, no criticism intended, you are mainly right, but debts included in a debt relief order should be marked as satisfied or settled, with a zero balance, as debts in insolvency are written off at the end of the 12 month monotorium period.

The CCJ will have been extinguished once the twelve months were up, but will still show on your files the full six years, you cannot have it removed prior to that.

Hope that helps.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    nic_c wrote: »

It's not income that counts in a dro, it's surplus income. It's quite possible to have a good income but little surplus. In any case the op says they are in completely different circumstances financially now, presumably compared to 2-3 years ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure