MSE News: Is The Big Deal's collective switch worth it?

Options
The Big Deal has partnered with The Sun to launch a collective energy switch, but is it worth switching to? ...
Read the full story:

Is The Big Deal's collective switch worth it?

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Petrolprices.com teamed up with iChooser to get a great deal from Eon which for my usage actually beat by some margin MSE's CEC latest offering !
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Mse have only recently said what they get, never used to until this last month
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • carmina_piranha
    Options
    The Daily Mail are doing a collective switch too, I got an email about it because I've got an account with them for those numbers they print on the back of the paper.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What is a "Collective" switch any more?

It should be based on a bulk buy principle, so that it only works if say 10,000 people sign on. These schemes are nothing more than more customer more kickback promotions.
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very disappointed with the biased article.

I doubt original MSE 5 years ago would have written such a piece.
  • gillette147
    gillette147 Posts: 13,296 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No mention of Quidco or any other comparision by name or any mention of what they might offer for switching via them.

I have a huge amount to be thankful to Martin for but over last few years he has sullied his reputation so so much. He is (trying) his hardest to monetise us all.
    Girls are gonna love the way I toss my hair. Boys are gonna hate the way I seem.

I would rather drown with you than watch the surf with someone else
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    highguyuk wrote: »
    Very disappointed with the biased article.

I doubt original MSE 5 years ago would have written such a piece.

Agreed.

Given that MSE's repetitive "cheaper than the cheapest" was actually untrue in most supply areas, taking snipes at rival deals and mentioning MSE several times in this article shows sinking standards of journalism.
  • canterswest
    Options
    I stopped reading at 'gained a lot of publicity for criticising comparison sites for hiding tariffs and commission,'

Err no, gained a lot of publicity for telling a truth, which MSE never had. As an MP on the Energy select committee said it did not take much work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure