PPI Spam after following money saving expert main site

Options
So I followed the guide on the main site and used the company that does the PPI claim for free. You can put in a claim even if you're not sure. So I did to Nationwide. They investigated, couldn't find anything. That was fine. But it's been several months later and I've never had PPI junk through snail mail but today got one from ABC Claims Management saying they'd seen I'd tried to make a claim lately blah blah.

Anyone else had this since using the service recommended on the main page for PPI?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just throw such letters in the recycle bin and forget about them. Don't concern yourself with how they got your address details..
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you went to Resolver then you should be ok, they just use the data to sell services to other firms about complaint handling (all data anonymous), could just be a coincidence you then got spam. I've never had PPI, never even made a complaint to check for it as I know 100% I never had it and I still get the odd text, call or email about it
  • bekahmcdonald
    Options
    If it helps, I've just received a letter from that company too, and I've never used any service for PPI claims, recommended by MSE or otherwise.

I completely understand not being comfortable with companies selling on your postal address, I'm particularly annoyed at whoever passed on my postal address to ABC Claims Management, but I don't think it was MoneySavingExpert.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it helps, I've just received a letter from that company too, and I've never used any service for PPI claims, recommended by MSE or otherwise.

I completely understand not being comfortable with companies selling on your postal address, I'm particularly annoyed at whoever passed on my postal address to ABC Claims Management, but I don't think it was MoneySavingExpert.

I started getting accident firm spam almost immediately after I had been to hospital following an accident, hospital almost certainly sold my details on
  • BooJewels
    BooJewels Posts: 2,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've had snail mail materials from claims handling companies recently, having never had any previously. I've never used any third party for PPI, not even as an enquiry, so presumably they've bought some other database.

I think they're just trying to maximise on the last business to be had before their golden goose dies next year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure