PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Personally - re those Election results - and I think probably most of us would agree that a hung parliament is not good news (whatever viewpoint we have come from personally).

The one thing I have noticed (over quite a few years now) is "Never mind anti-climax and how will things pan out". It's more like those that would like to "be in the ascendent" take two seconds flat to decide "They are 'in charge' now" and try and cash in on it - even on the flimsiest of evidence that is the case. They'll learn:cool::cool::cool:

It happens every blimmin' time - and I've watched Elections over many years now and in different areas....:cool:
  • lillibet_dripping
    Options
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    Good luck Lyn, as you say, I'm sure the right house will find you :)

The election result was a bit of a surprise, but who knows, it may even turn out to have been the best possible result in the end.

It might sound selfish but atm I'm more concerned that one of the meds I'm on is making my hair fall out :( It's a "rare" side-effect apparently. I know women's hair does get thinner after the menopause, but this has been happening just since I needed to increase the dose :mad: and there's nothing I can take instead. Has anyone tried that German shampoo that claims to stimulate hair growth?

Am I right in guessing MTX? I have the same probelm:(
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Am I right in guessing MTX? I have the same probelm:(

Hi lillibet, no, it's omeprazole. I was fine on a lower dose but it's been happening since I've needed to take it twice daily rather than once. My hair still looks ok atm because it was very thick to start with, but I'm horrified every time I wash it! Is MTX short for methotrexate? So sorry to hear you have the same problem :(
  • lillibet_dripping
    Options
    Hi lillibet, no, it's omeprazole. I was fine on a lower dose but it's been happening since I've needed to take it twice daily rather than once. My hair still looks ok atm because it was very thick to start with, but I'm horrified every time I wash it! Is MTX short for methotrexate? So sorry to hear you have the same problem :(

Yep! That's the one :(
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • Shropshirelass
    Options
    Ivyleaf I wondered if you were talking about omeprazole as I have the same problem i.e. hair falling out. Been taking the meds for years, now have a hairline receded by at least an inch round my head like a wide Alice band. I have tried to stop taking it but get terrible heartburn without. Even tried taking alternative (ranitidine) but still had the heartburn. GP offered me an NHS wig :-( :rotfl:
    Worries like this do seem minor compared with survival, but are very real.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm OK FUDS, taken a little aback at politics and you'd think I'm old enough to have seen most things but what I hate is the false promises bandied about by all parties about what they'll do, what they'll do away with but not where the money will come from to do them and how the world will be a better place if we vote for them not the other guys and playing youth against age in a bid not to help any of us but to gain power for their own ends. I hate the feeling of people being duped by slick words from unscrupulous people for self advancement!!! I'm tired is all, we're waking up at silly o clock every day with the light levels and I'm adjusting meds at the moment so not 100% in anything.....BUT I WILL BE SOON!!!

We're little squares of colour all over the house at the moment and have made the decision on colour for the hall, stairs and landing which had to be done quickly along with our room as new carpets were purchased yesterday and we need to paint before that happens. I'm square eyes looking at houses on the computer at the moment and none of them have the garden I'm after.....it's there though I just have to let it find me!!!

I also get troubled by the light in the early hours so I have an eye mask (actually a freebie airline one, but am thinking of investing in a better one). I don't go to bed in it, but keep it by the bed so when I start to come to, I put it on and just go back to sleep. Woke at 8.10 today after 9 1/2 hours sleep :T (but I'd been up till 4.30 the night before watching the results).
    Good luck Lyn, as you say, I'm sure the right house will find you :)

The election result was a bit of a surprise, but who knows, it may even turn out to have been the best possible result in the end.

It might sound selfish but atm I'm more concerned that one of the meds I'm on is making my hair fall out :( It's a "rare" side-effect apparently. I know women's hair does get thinner after the menopause, but this has been happening just since I needed to increase the dose :mad: and there's nothing I can take instead. Has anyone tried that German shampoo that claims to stimulate hair growth?

Some of us weren't surprised ;):p:)
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It might sound selfish but atm I'm more concerned that one of the meds I'm on is making my hair fall out :( It's a "rare" side-effect apparently.

If the choice is between having hair and feeling better, I think the latter is preferable.
    Has anyone tried that German shampoo that claims to stimulate hair growth?

Is that the one called "Herr Growth"? :D

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 10 June 2017 at 4:58PM
    Options
    Found a wallet lying in the street this morning.

Took it to my local-ish police station, to hand it in as found property.

Lady behind the counter has a look through the contents, and tells me "We don't take found property any more, unless it contains something of value."

When I pointed out that it contained a Driving Licence (current price £20) and a Debit Card, she said she meant money.

When I asked her if I should just drop it in a dustbin, she replied "you could drop it off at the owner's house."

I can imagine how that might unfold:-

"There was a hundred quid in this wallet. What have you done with it?"

I finished up handing it in at the bank, who issued the debit Card.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :( We get people ringing us up (the local council) to say the Police have told them that we'll take in lost property like wallets and even pushbikes.

Actually, we won't and we've nowhere to put anything of that nature and why the hell would the owner think to ring a council anyway? Ridiculous.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    Found a wallet lying in the street this morning.

Took it to my local-ish police station, to hand it in as found property.

Lady behind the counter has a look through the contents, and tells me "We don't take found property any more, unless it contains something of value."

When I pointed out that it contained a Driving Licence (current price £20) and a Debit Card, she said she meant money.

When I asked her i I should just drop it in a dustbin, she replied "you could drop it off at the owner's house."

I can imagine how that might unfold:-

"There was a hundred quid in this wallet. What have you done with it?"

I finished up handing it in at the bank, who issued the debit Card.

A driving licence and a bank card would be very useful documents for identity thieves I should think :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure