Reject Car

Options
Purchased brand new car Mar 18 from main dealer . Inside 6 months had fault, have evidence of booking appointment but they called to cancel as waiting for advice from manufacturer. Fast fwd 1 year they can’t fix it and the car is dangerous to drive. They accept in conversation a rejection maybe only route. I. Bought new and want new and don’t want to be thrown a second hand bribe or have to stump up thousands for the pleasure of being only owner. I got a good deal originally and traded in my car. Will section 75 cover me and if so how will the new car cost be covered inc the trade in value. Thank you

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If the dealer has accepted that it needs to be replaced then it'll be worth waiting to see how they plan to offer redress, but realistically I can't see either them or your bank funding a brand new car if your purchase was that long ago, assuming it's been driven for at least some of that time.

If you want to pursue your bank via s75 (assuming you paid at least something by credit card), you'll need to get clear documentary evidence of the fault and its significance - normally this would entail getting a report from an independent party but perhaps the dealer (or manufacturer?) will oblige in this case?
  • bob_regis
    Options
    Put in a Subject Access Request to your dealer and then to Mercedes asking for all personal information relating to you.

You might be lucky and find something to help you fight your corner.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bob_regis wrote: »
    Put in a Subject Access Request to your dealer and then to Mercedes asking for all personal information relating to you.
    Who said anything about it being a Merc?

Or were you perhaps subliminally influenced by Valtteri Bottas's W10 conking out in a plume of smoke a few minutes before you posted.... ;)
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You bought it in 2018 and as you said fast forward 1 year then I assume you have been driving it with this dangerous fault.

You will get a like for like replacement if they are accepting this rejection, to think they will give you a brand new car is just wishful thinking.
  • pb3
    pb3 Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Who said anything about it being a Merc?

Or were you perhaps subliminally influenced by Valtteri Bottas's W10 conking out in a plume of smoke a few minutes before you posted.... ;)

In fairness to the OP may have quickly edited their post after posting or more likely "brand new car Mar 18" may have been misread as "brand new car Merc 2018". The latter is easily done especially if you skim read :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure