We purchased something for business use and its not fit for purpose? HELP

Options
Hello, i am new to this forum and thought i would say hi and see if i could get some help here.

We purchased something for business use on april 24th and its not fit for purpose? they have had the item back once for repair and its still doing the same as before and also they are made so badly.

we have tried to ask for a refund but they want them back again for repair and its a return to base warranty and they are an 8 hour drive there and back which would have to be done twice and i am not willing to do this again.

they have had a chance to repair the issue and still its happening again and since we have had them we have decided not to hire them out as they are so crap we would have bad feedback and i am not willing to put my company in negative feedback.

they wont pay for a courier also item cost was around £8k

we have videos and pictures of the issues and was wondering where do we stand with this and do we take them to court?? any help is very much appreciated.

thanks
chris

Comments

• marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    B2B so consumer rights do not apply.

What do your business terms with the company state will happen in the case of faulty products?
  • return to base for repair.
    so if B2B does not apply what does???
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    return to base for repair.

You've slightly misunderstood what was said I think. The poster said if its B2B then consumer rights won't apply. B2B means business to business (contract).

If its B2B then SoGA will apply to the contract. However, as a b2b you can agree to forego certain rights or obligations. You would need to check the T&C's to see what you agreed to.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    return to base for repair.
    You still have the Sale of Goods act. Contract law still applies so if you think the goods aren't fit for the purpose they were sold for then this could be a breach of contract.

You could still go to court for this breach of contract. The contract you have will give them chances to repair etc but if the goods aren't fit for the purpose they were intended for then all the repairs aren't going to change that.

Start a small claims action for the refund, it's cheap in comparison to the value of the claim and you will have a fair chance to win with relatively little output.
  • disdilemma
    Options
    Dear Chris
    Just wondered what the outcome of this matter was. Did you proceed with court proceedings. Reason I ask is we too have a situation very much like yours.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    disdilemma wrote: »
    Dear Chris
    Just wondered what the outcome of this matter was. Did you proceed with court proceedings. Reason I ask is we too have a situation very much like yours.

You know your very unlikely to get a response since the post is from last year ?

You would be better off starting your own thread.
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Especially since the OP hasn't logged in since the day after they posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure