PPI - bank / insurance companies' address

Options
Dear all,

I am totally new in this PPI claim. Any guidance will be much appreciated.

After reading the articles from Martin, I have decided to follow step by step to start my PPI claims. My question is - I'll use Martin's standard template to write in (to the companies) to request my account details / T&C (if any).

Martin's website listed out some useful phone numbers from the major banks. However, if I write to them, what is the address I can send my letter? Can I just google the banks / insurance companies standard write in address?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Comments

• HappyHarry
    HappyHarry Posts: 1,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bernar wrote: »
    Dear all,

After reading the articles from Martin, I have decided to follow step by step to start my PPI claims. My question is - I'll use Martin's standard template to write in (to the companies) to request my account details / T&C (if any).

Martin's website listed out some useful phone numbers from the major banks. However, if I write to them, what is the address I can send my letter? Can I just google the banks / insurance companies standard write in address?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Have a look at the banks' websites. Most of them will have a complaints/PPI section where they will give you the address/contact details you need, and may provide further help.

As an example , here is the one from Lloyds bank:
    https://www.lloydsbank.com/payment-protection-insurance-complaints.asp
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser. Any comments I make here are intended for information / discussion only. Nothing I post here should be construed as advice. If you are looking for individual financial advice, please contact a local Independent Financial Adviser.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You don't need to ask for Ts & Cs (and they may not have them anyway).

Just write to or email the bank and ask them for any account details they have and if they had PPI. Include old addresses and names if applicable. Your last 6 years are recorded on the credit history available for free.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Martin's template was an idea that is way out of date. Most banks have online checkers now. You dont need the T&C and most historical stuff wont have any to give you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Placida
    Placida Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bernar wrote: »
    Dear all,

Please advise.

Thanks.
    I suggest you start here
    FCA PPI CAMPAIGN Website.
    https://www.fca.org.uk/ppi/
    According to the FCA it is
    “Everything you need to know about PPI and how to claim back money you’ve paid”
    It has the following sections and related links to the steps you should take.
    • How to check if you had PPI
    • How you can complain yourself - for free
    • Why you might be eligible to claim a refund
    • Search for a provider to complain about PPI

Hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts