Sky Contract Question

Options
venomx
venomx Posts: 1,118 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
HI guys
Been with Sky for 7 months now, and initially only took out the Entertainment pack with a £5 discount for 18 months.

Also boxsets, and HD for £5 each per month.

So recently I upgraded to Cinema ( £6 ), Sports ( £16 ) and multiroom ( £13 ) in an 18 month contract.

So does that mean my initial entertainment pack will be out of contract at the same time as the cinema and sports ? As it's not possible to have sports and cinema without entertainment, hence the question

phoned Sky and the bloke said the discounts will all ( cinema, sports, entertainment ) end on the same date ( 18 months from my most recent contract ), so the end of 2020
Does that sound right ? :T

Thanks

Comments

• oldernonethewiser
    Options
    That's correct.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    venomx wrote: »
    HI guys
    Been with Sky for 7 months now, and initially only took out the Entertainment pack with a £5 discount for 18 months.

Also boxsets, and HD for £5 each per month.

So recently I upgraded to Cinema ( £6 ), Sports ( £16 ) and multiroom ( £13 ) in an 18 month contract.

So does that mean my initial entertainment pack will be out of contract at the same time as the cinema and sports ? As it's not possible to have sports and cinema without entertainment, hence the question

phoned Sky and the bloke said the discounts will all ( cinema, sports, entertainment ) end on the same date ( 18 months from my most recent contract ), so the end of 2020
    Does that sound right ? :T

Thanks

If you're paying £20 for Entertainment then yes, that's the 'normal' price for Entertainment when agreeing to a minimum term contract.
  • venomx
    Options
    If you're paying £20 for Entertainment then yes, that's the 'normal' price for Entertainment when agreeing to a minimum term contract.

On MySky app it says £5 discount off £27 which equals £22 per month. ( SkyQ )
  • venomx
    Options
    I thought the discount of £5 from entertainment would run out before the end of the contract, but sky said it won't
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    On MySky app it says £5 discount off £27 which equals £22 per month. ( SkyQ )

Just checked and it has gone up to £22 with a contract or £27 on a rolling monthly, no idea when it increased.
    I thought the discount of £5 from entertainment would run out before the end of the contract, but sky said it won't

As long as you agree to a minimum term (12 or 18 months normally) they'll knock a fiver off for the length of the contract.
  • venomx
    Options
    Just checked and it has gone up to £22 with a contract or £27 on a rolling monthly, no idea when it increased.

As long as you agree to a minimum term (12 or 18 months normally) they'll knock a fiver off for the length of the contract.

That answers it for me, thanks dude :money:

I got confused because I took out the cinema and sports package 6 months after the initial contract of Entertainment.
  • venomx
    Options
    You were right, I checked my messages and it says that a new contract for entertainment starts and finishes when the sports/cinema does.
    Pic attached.
    2wbuljl.png
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

"Standard" Entertainment went up by £2 in April - for the first time, I got stung for the full increase because I'm on a deal which is broken down into individual items rather than the % discount I had for the previous few years:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure