Faulty car.

Options
124»

Comments

• smnb08
    smnb08 Posts: 488 Forumite
    Options
    Listen guys, again not meaning to sound rude as some people have been really helpful.

£600 is all I could afford, daughter is currently saving up for a better car once her test is passed and she’s confident.

Luckily iv bought her up to appreciate that’s what I can afford and she’s been chuffed to bits with the car right until we realised it’s been unfairly and wrongly sold to us with a broken head gasket....that’s the issue here.

I’m a single parent working two jobs to ensure my kids don’t go without and I’m really upset that some people on here are getting at me me for buying her a cheap car....if I could afford more, believe me she would have it.

Just for the record, my first car was 11 years old, had done 70,000 miles and cost me £800....it lasted me 7.5 years and in all that time failed 2 mots and had to have some work done for a couple of hundred pounds each time.
    Not all run arounds are crap, if that were the case people wouldn’t buy them and there’s lots of people that do!

Let’s leave this conversation there shall we, I’m not being advised on what I came on here asking for help with so it’s a bit pointless.

Many thanks to those of you who understood and tried to offer helpful advise, I really do appreciate it.
    sealed pot challenge member #920
  • Potbellypig
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    If you read what Aylesbury Duck said it refers to cars breaking shortly after receiving them which was what the op quoted. I'm merely responding to their response.

I understand what you and AD are saying, but it's really of no significance to this case, imo. As far as we know, the facts are customer bought a working car with no faults advertised, and without moving it found out that the head gasket was gone. How much she bought it for is completely irrelevant.

Good luck in finding a resolution, OP. £600 is a lot of money to some people.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I understand what you and AD are saying, but it's really of no significance to this case, imo. As far as we know, the facts are customer bought a working car with no faults advertised, and without moving it found out that the head gasket was gone. How much she bought it for is completely irrelevant.

Good luck in finding a resolution, OP. £600 is a lot of money to some people.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm merely pointing out that AD said cars break. The op then listed multiple cars at about the £500 mark. I pointed out these could break. I make no comment on the significance to this case.
  • Potbellypig
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    I'm not saying that at all. I'm merely pointing out that AD said cars break. The op then listed multiple cars at about the £500 mark. I pointed out these could break. I make no comment on the significance to this case.

Thanks for confirming cars break.

OP - just so you know, cars break.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OP get your money back for the car and ask the friend to go with yourself and check over any possible cars. If hes a good mechanic he will know what cars are easy to repair or what cars are less reliable than others.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure