Claiming PayPal fees - as well as EBay, Shopify etc

Options
Has anyone done this? It must be possible to claim for PayPal (including the cost for currency conversion) on your tax return, EBay, Shopify, Upwork, Greatcontent, Textbroker and so on but how many of us do it? What about survey fees? YouGov and so on? That might also be worth a try.
Advent Challenge: Money made: £0. Days to Christmas: 59.

Comments

• Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    You need to post on the cutting tax forum, this one is for state benefits.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    fewgroats wrote: »
    Has anyone done this? It must be possible to claim for PayPal (including the cost for currency conversion) on your tax return, EBay, Shopify, Upwork, Greatcontent, Textbroker and so on but how many of us do it? What about survey fees? YouGov and so on? That might also be worth a try.

Yes, this is the wrong forum.

But, of course you are self employed and flogging stuff online, of course you can claim PayPal fees, the cost for currency conversion, eBay, Shopify, whatever fees on your tax return.

What do you mean by "survey fees? YouGov and so on"? Isn't that income? HMRC will happily tax that if you declare it. But why on worth would you?

Perhaps you need an accountant. :)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    fewgroats wrote: »

I don't really understand what you mean but as antrobus says of course you can claim all fees when acting in the course of a business. My tax returns offset my income with all my eBay and PayPal fees ,I claim my business postage as a business expense as well.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure