Beko dishwasher

Options
Our dishwasher is broken and not repairable so looking at buying a new one

New to dishwasher buying as our one is integrated and previous owners left it for us

Seen a Beko one that seems to have good reviews and is within budget, just wondered if anyone has one and would recommend?

Or another make?

Budget is £300 (not including the cost of having it installed and the old one taken away)

Comments

• spo2
    spo2 Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We have a BEKO DIN15X10 and it is used at least once a day, with no problems. The only thing I would say is that the short programme (think it is meant to be about 35 minutes), is closer to 50.

Other than that, no problems. It is only 18 months old though
  • jimbo6977
    jimbo6977 Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The only decent dishwasher I've ever had was a Fagor, who went but a few years ago. The remains of the company (Brandt) was bought by an Algerian outfit with manufacturing facilities in France. If I was in the market for a dishwasher I'd probably look at a Brandt (or a de Dietrich if I had loadsamoney).
  • so_very_confused
    Options
    I have a Beko, used every day. Excellent performance as good as my friends more expensive models.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options
    jimbo6977 wrote: »
    The only decent dishwasher I've ever had was a Fagor, who went but a few years ago. The remains of the company (Brandt) was bought by an Algerian outfit with manufacturing facilities in France. If I was in the market for a dishwasher I'd probably look at a Brandt (or a de Dietrich if I had loadsamoney).
    If you had "loadsamoney" then you probably want to go for a Miele. Having said that price/quality is all relative, you could spend £1000 on a Miele with an expectation and guarantee for it to last 10 years, whereas if you buy a Beko for £300 and get 3-4 years use out of it your still in reality paying the same, eg £100 per year of use.
  • Mutton_Geoff
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    If you had "loadsamoney" then you probably want to go for a Miele. Having said that price/quality is all relative, you could spend £1000 on a Miele with an expectation and guarantee for it to last 10 years, whereas if you buy a Beko for £300 and get 3-4 years use out of it your still in reality paying the same, eg £100 per year of use.

I bought a Miele one but to be honest, it's not that much different from the old Bosch it replaced.

I'd certainly choose Meile for many things, but not convinced their dishwashers are worth the premium as they start at around £1,000.
    Signature on holiday for two weeks
  • jakemillspaek
    Options
    Another vote for Beko.
    4 years old and can't fault it.
    Just clean the filter and make sure the finish & salt is topped and the jobs a good un.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options
    I bought a Miele one but to be honest, it's not that much different from the old Bosch it replaced.

I'd certainly choose Meile for many things, but not convinced their dishwashers are worth the premium as they start at around £1,000.
    True that. My Bosch works just as good, if not better and has lasted longer than my parents Miele.
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had 2 x Hotpoints fail within 3 years. Had a Leisure (Beko rebrand - all the spares are identical) for 10 years and still going strong with minimal repairs (door springs seem to be a week point on mine)
  • chelseablue
    Options
    My husband wants me to get a Bosch but I'm not sure its worth the extra £100 to do the same thing??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure