Yorkshire Bank Custom Card

Options
Hi Can anyone help?
I had a Yorkshire Bank Custom Card from 1989 onwards. I found some old statements with the ppi showing.

I wrote to Yorkshire Bank and they say unless |I can prove how long I had the card they cannot pay out as they have no records showing this card and how long I had it, despite the statements showing ppi added. I sent them the card and three statements from 1989 through 1990.
Could you advise?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It wasn't an offence to have PPI.

They are trying to find the account so they can review whether there was any mis selling.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you have proof that you had PPI on the card for however long, they can be made to pay the average based on the statements you have. If you can only prove you paid it for that short period then, assuming they agree it was miss-sold, they can only refund what you can prove you paid.
  • sun73
    sun73 Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Can anyone help?
    I had a Yorkshire Bank Custom Card from 1989 onwards. I found some old statements with the ppi showing.

I wrote to Yorkshire Bank and they say unless |I can prove how long I had the card they cannot pay out as they have no records showing this card and how long I had it, despite the statements showing ppi added. I sent them the card and three statements from 1989 through 1990.
    Could you advise?

Send a SAR to them. Check the website for the address. They might be able to locate your credit agreement that will show the date the account was opened and maybe some more copies of statements.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure