e.on clearly not listening

Options

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    steviebuk wrote: »
    Thanks. We called on the day we moved in. We gave meter readings on the day we moved on to E-On. We gave them our details when we moved in. It sounded like the agent lost interest when we said we were moving to Bulb but then that's not our fault he didn't process the account properly. I may forward the bills to Leaders as they were the letting agents.

Ironically, you are clearly not listening. :)7

Have Bulb confirmed the switch?

Have you received a bill from E.on addressed to you for the short period before the switch was completed?

You seem to be focused on the fact that you told E.on that you were going to switch to Bulb, but that is of no consequence. You could have changed your mind the next day and decided to switch to somebody else. Until E.on receives the request from the new supplier nothing much will happen.
    We can call you but I fear being kept on the line for ages due to these wonderful reviews of your service

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.eonenergy.com

John Lewis has pretty carp reviews and a bad rating on Trustpilot despite the fact that it is in the top 10 for customer service. Frankly, Trustpilot should not be trusted.:)
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    antrobus wrote: »
    John Lewis has pretty carp reviews and a bad rating on Trustpilot despite the fact that it is in the top 10 for customer service. Frankly, Trustpilot should not be trusted.:)

Which top 10 would this be?

Why should I trust this one more than I trust the reviews and ratings on Trustpilot?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks. We called on the day we moved in. We gave meter readings on the day we moved on to E-On. We gave them our details when we moved in. It sounded like the agent lost interest when we said we were moving to Bulb but then that's not our fault he didn't process the account properly. I may forward the bills to Leaders as they were the letting agents.
    And did you give them the readings and the date you completed the purchase, the date you were responsible for the bills?
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

We can call you but I fear being kept on the line for ages due to these wonderful reviews of your service

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.eonenergy.com

Morning steviebuk,

Some further good advice on the thread so thank you guys.

Deciding to move to a new supplier shouldn't be making any difference on setting up your account, from your move in day. So I'm sorry if the person you spoke to came [FONT=&quot]across [/FONT] that way.

We really just need to get your account set up correctly, the quickest way would really be to ring, or you might like to use the Live Chat facility on the website, or use the home moves contact form also on the website.

As I say, they'll need all of the information from you and the tenancy agreement. Then the account will be up and running correctly.

Thank you.

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • antrobus
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    Which top 10 would this be?

The Institute of Customer Service
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/12109854/The-companies-with-the-best-customer-service-in-the-UK.html

Why should I trust this one more than I trust the reviews and ratings on Trustpilot?

Because it's a statistically valid survey. Whereas Trustpilot simply provides an outlet for people to vent.
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2018 at 9:33AM
    Options
    OP, please take notice of the help you are getting on here because you clearly know little about how the energy market works, for the fourth time , you cannot open the front door and switch to Bulb just like that. It can easily take 6 weeks to complete a switch and the way you re going about it you will just drag it out longer .
    Also be ready to furnish a copy of your tenancy agreement to prove the exact date you became responsible for the property.
    A trick that owners often pull is to try and pass on their bills they have incurred onto to next tenant. There could have been a long gap of the last tenant moving out and reletting where the owner was in the property using heating and power refurbishing . Its possible .
    What should happen is that when the last tenant vacated the owner then registered with Eon for the few weeks before the new tenant moved in. Also the last tenant could have given a low reading as a final reading. Not many properties have a tenant moving out say, on a Friday night and a new tenant moves in Saturday morning. £300 is too large an amount for Eon to waive so they have to dig deeper, so do your best to assist them and forget about the "its not my problem " attitude.. Help them sort out who is behind the mess up
  • steviebuk
    steviebuk Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to be blunt but you claim I'm not listening yet a few of you also aren't listening. And I mean no disrespect.

I may have made the mistake of not informing you all that we said we were switching to Bulb. We switched and are now with Bulb and have an account and given readings to them as well.

I've informed the ex-letting agent e.on are still sending bills for dates before we owned the property. They said that's odd as they themselves would of closed the account when the last person moved out.

I'll have to call e.on
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    antrobus wrote: »
    The Institute of Customer Service
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/12109854/The-companies-with-the-best-customer-service-in-the-UK.html

Because it's a statistically valid survey. Whereas Trustpilot simply provides an outlet for people to vent.

So still a completely subjective assessment then.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Basics first: on what date did you move in and register with Eon?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • antrobus
    Options
    So still a completely subjective assessment then.

No, it's an objective statistically valid survey of people's subjective assessment of customer service.

People are entitled to their opinion of Trustpilot. But they rate Amazon as 'poor'. !!!!!!, they're probably the world's number 1 retailer, rated number 1 for customer service in the UK five years running. Therefore I don't view Trustpilot ratings as being of any value.

P.S. This is, of course, gloriously off topic. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure